menus

elainegreen

I would appreciate it if someone would post a few menus. What to eat for breakfast and how much, lunch and dinner. I joined fill centers usa and they recommend only 1/4 cup of food each meal. Is that correct? I was eating more than that, now I have really cut down. Also post the names of the liquid vitamins and minerals and what type of protein drink to supplement since no one, not even fat people can live on 1/4 cup of food 3x daily. Thank you . elaine

I would appreciate it if someone would post a few menus. What to eat for breakfast and how much, lunch and dinner. I joined fill centers usa and they recommend only 1/4 cup of food each meal. Is that correct? I was eating more than that, now I have really cut down. Also post the names of the liquid vitamins and minerals and what type of protein drink to supplement since no one, not even fat people can live on 1/4 cup of food 3x daily. Thank you . elaine

I tried a Liquid Multi Vitamins from GNC ..It wasnt to bad...THEN all day it was in my pores my mouth. I could even smell it threw the breathing threw my nose...UGH...Anyone else have an idea

Elaine,

I can understand the 1/4 cup if you are well restricted, but if you are not, gauranteed, you will be hungry after only eating 1/4 cup. Then you will find yourself eating 1/4 cup every hour because you are still hungry. Sorry about not having menus, it wouldnt be good to get those from me, since I do my own kind of thing on eating.

Teri

• 4 weeks later...
I tried a Liquid Multi Vitamins from GNC ..It wasnt to bad...THEN all day it was in my pores my mouth. I could even smell it threw the breathing threw my nose...UGH...Anyone else have an idea

Hey Stacie,

I bought the chewable vitamins from GNC. They are huge tablets but taste pretty good and I didn't burp them all day. They kind of taste like lime. Don't forget GNC has a 30 day money back if you don't like something so take them back and try the chewables.

Good Luck!

Valerie

I am also the wrong person to provide menus. My thoughts on losing weight with the band are very different than most people's views.

I see people that have lost a tremendous amount of weight in the first few months after being banded. I support and congratulate those people. However, I have been fat since I was 6 or 7 years old. My weight went up over the course of 30 years. It also went down sometimes, but certainly the trend was up. I believe slow and steady weight loss is for me.

I am as anxious as everyone else to be of average weight. but to eat only 1/4 cup of food per meal, 3 meals per day is, in my own opinion, ridiculous for someone my size. Lap Band success to me is a 24 to 36 month process. Were I to consume only 3/4 of a cup of food daily, I would be more unhealthy than I am being fat. Additionally, eating too little food can prevent weight loss by putting the body into starvation mode.

I believe in the 1-2 pound per week weight loss philosophy, once you reach restriction. If I consume 2-3 cups of food per day, and still manage a weight loss, I feel successful. If the weight loss stops, I probably need a fill.

Everybody is different. A lower BMI female, for example, perhaps can stay healthy with small amounts of food.

As to protein drinks, I have found Adkins and EAS vanilla and strawberry to taste good. For those that do not like the milky style shakes, Isopure RTD sold in GNC and Vitamin Shoppe stores is a lighter more refreshing type of protein drink. For vitamins, I have found Centrum chewables to be tolerable.

here is what I ate over the last two days - I also think 1/2 cup of food is ridiculous and Dr. Miranda doesn't recommend it - she recommends having a small plate of all food groups including protein, vege, starchy and fruit. If you can fit that into 1/2 cup - go for it! I use a saucer plate (the kind a coffee cup fits on and I put 1/2 main protein on it and a vege cooked or small salad with spray no calorie dressing) If I still want more I have 1/4 cup or less of a starch and I'm done.

B: EAS protein lite shake with 1/2 banana

Mid morning snack - 1 cheese stick

L: WW ravioli dinner and about 1 cup of salad

D: salmon grilled and mixed roasted veges

Snack: sugar free hot cocoa

B: 3 hard boiled eggs with 1 tbls mayo - lite canola

L: 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich + 1 cup tomato soup

D: 1 cup of chicken curry - 1/2 cu rice and yogurt with cut up apple - about 4 spoons

B: 4 slices of thin sliced deli meat with a sprinkle of chedder cheese melted on top - 1/2 cup fresh squeezed juice

L: tuna

D: don't know yet