San Ysidro Parking structure to OCC??

I am driving to OCC from Rancho Cucamonga this Wednesday. I see a lot of info on how to get to OCC from the airport but what about from the San Ysidro parking structure. I got an email from Rene saying Mexicoach can pick you up from there?? So, does Mexicoach take you straight to the clinic and back? How much does it cost?

Or if you walk across the border can you just hop on a taxi straight to OCC??

Thanks,Audree

Park at the Border Station Lot (exit 1A from I-5, keep right, it is on the corner) for $7.00. Walk the short walk across the border (ask the parking attendant which way). Once you cross over, you will see a big yellow sign that says Taxi. Have the address written down, and show the taxi driver ($5). OCC is in the Instituto de la Vision, and the building has 'Dr. Mendez' written on it.

When you leave, just ask the receptionist to call a taxi for you, and they will return you to the border. After clearing the border, you walk about 2 blocks, walk over the bridge to your left (the bridge with all the taxis parked at the top), and you will see the Border Station Lot again.

If you're going to take a taxi I strongly advise you bring the number for OCC for calling within Mexico. If you try to call the 1800 number it will not work. Also, the payphones there accept American quarters. The taxi I took from the border did not know where to go and said "here we are" then dumped me somewhere in Tijuana. Luckily I was prepared and had all the phone numbers and many quarters to call the clinic with so someone was able to come get me.

Hi Audree, I'm fairly close to you, Lake Elsinore, and have been down to OCC twice, once for the surgery and once for my first fill. Both times I just drove straight to the clinic without any problems at all. There's no problem driving right over in the mornings, but I try not to head back before 11:30 or noon because of the traffic heading out of Mexico. I'm not sure why no one seems to want to drive over, if there's a reason, maybe someone should fill me in!! I know our auto insurance doesn't cover MX, so maybe that's why, so I always take my husbands little comuter car. I know, none of this answers your questions, sorry, but I thought I'd jump in anyway! Since we're close, maybe we could co-ordinate visits one of these days and go together.

Kim

Hi Audree, I'm fairly close to you, Lake Elsinore, and have been down to OCC twice, once for the surgery and once for my first fill. Both times I just drove straight to the clinic without any problems at all. There's no problem driving right over in the mornings, but I try not to head back before 11:30 or noon because of the traffic heading out of Mexico. I'm not sure why no one seems to want to drive over, if there's a reason, maybe someone should fill me in!! I know our auto insurance doesn't cover MX, so maybe that's why, so I always take my husbands little comuter car. I know, none of this answers your questions, sorry, but I thought I'd jump in anyway! Since we're close, maybe we could co-ordinate visits one of these days and go together.

Kim