Canadians

I am so excited to learn that there is finally a tool to help us lose weight!! =D> I can hardly wait for tomorrow so I can call and talk to the Lori and the Nutritionist about what I need to do before I can have surgery.

I live in Southern Alberta and would be interested in talking to any and everyone of you pre op and post op. :-h I would also like to talk to other Canadians and see where they go for fills and what difficulties they have run into. I know that the products we have up here differ from a lot of the stuff available in the States so would like to talk about that if you have info that would be helpful to me.

I was awake at 4 AM this morning and was on the computer till 11 AM when my husband dragged me away for 2 hours and here I am again. :blink: I just can't get enough information...I think by reading all of your stories I am living vicariously until I can arrange to have it done . Thank you all so much for sharing!!

I am not expecting to drop a zillion pounds overnight but just being able to see some progress each and every month would be so great. Don't know how many diets I was on and would be so religious about sticking to them only to have progress for 2 or 3 weeks and then nothing for months and months at a time..... :(( how really frustrating :(( ...then I would get discouraged and start gaining again. I know a lot of you know this story by heart.

I have been married now for 5 years(my first marriage , at age 50. ) I waited for just the right man to come along and had almost lost hope but zing there he was with his 6 grown kids and 9 grandkids. His family has been so accepting of me and I love having grandkids, I would really love to be able to keep up with the 7 year old twins(boys), 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. I have a great time with them now but only think how fun it would be to really be able to run and play with them and to let them learn what can happen if you fail to be active and eat properly by my example. I hope that made sense to you all it does to me but it sounds funny when I try to put into words.

Okay I can tell I am excited because I never talk this much and to go on and on like this is so unlike me....is it the smaller version of me wanting out, because I know there is hope> who knows....

Please let me hear from you the more the merrier

Cheers and high hopes

Larissa

Hi Larissa,

My name is Laura and I am a fellow Canadian! I live in Victoria, BC, and I think I am going to have Dr. Ortiz band me (I just have to make the call). Where in Alberta do you live? I think that there are some fill doctors in Calgary (Dr. Mitchell), but if you go over to www.lapbandtalk.com and go to the Canadian support forum you can get a lot of info there. As for me, I think that I will go back to Mexico for my first fill, then either try a doc on the Lower Mainland or go to Washington state for my fills. I have heard good things about an RN in Arlington, Washington.

Good luck to you,

Laura