WHAT IS AVERAGE WEIGHT LOSS IN BEGINNING?

Hi everyone....I'm new to this forum, I was just banded 2/19/07 and I have lost 10 lbs the first week, but now this week only lost 2lbs...Lori told me not to get discouraged but can't help but think I am going to be fat forever!!! :((

If you're bmi is very high you will lose weight faster but everyone usually tapers off to a more moderate rate as they drop. One to two pounds a week is phenomenal over the long haul (remember every pound is 3500 calories so if you are losing 2 lbs you are cutting out 7000 calories!) 1-2 pounds is the average docs are looking for. some lose more, some lose less.

Some poor souls like me can't even get that off in a few months - everyone is different. I would be jumping for joy if i lost 10lbs already - you aren't even suppossed to lose weight until after your first fill. I've only lost 13 pounds in over 15months.

Be happy and relax.

I know how you feel! Sometimes I feel trapped in a fat persons body because I am so ready for this fat to drop off. However, I remember that it has only been a few weeks. Loosing 10 pounds in one week doesn't happen very often. Don't be discouraged as long as you are loosing weight. My goal is to loose 8 pounds per month. That would be 96 pounds in one year. I would be happy with 70 pounds in a year or even 50 so just be happy that you are loosing.

I've lost a total of 17 pounds so far and I had surgery on Feb 9th. I was hoping that I would be down 25 pounds or more by now but we have to be patient. Our bodies are trying to figure out why they aren't getting more calories so they hang onto the stored fat. This changes eventually so just hang in there and stick to the plan! :)

Congratulations on you weight loss so far!!! =D>

wutteva:

Just sit back and relax... it's not about weight loss in the beginning. If you have the VG band you'll get very discouraged very fast if that is what you concentrate on. On Wednesday it wil be six months since banding. Up until 10 days ago, I had lost but 12 pounds post-op, but I wasn't at my sweet spot yet. The VG band takes 3-4 fills to get there and until you get there it begins to seem like a waste...but once there..it is well worth it... So sit back...and relax.. unlike the past these pounds ar falling off for good, so if it takes one -two or even three years oh well!!

Tom

If you're bmi is very high you will lose weight faster but everyone usually tapers off to a more moderate rate as they drop. One to two pounds a week is phenomenal over the long haul (remember every pound is 3500 calories so if you are losing 2 lbs you are cutting out 7000 calories!) 1-2 pounds is the average docs are looking for. some lose more, some lose less.

Some poor souls like me can't even get that off in a few months - everyone is different. I would be jumping for joy if i lost 10lbs already - you aren't even suppossed to lose weight until after your first fill. I've only lost 13 pounds in over 15months.

Be happy and relax.

I KNOW YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT...THANKS FOR THE HELP...IN THE MEAN TIME I AM WORKING ON COUNTING MY BLESSINGS RATHER THAN WISHING FOR MORE, MORE, MORE...LOL

I know how you feel! Sometimes I feel trapped in a fat persons body because I am so ready for this fat to drop off. However, I remember that it has only been a few weeks. Loosing 10 pounds in one week doesn't happen very often. Don't be discouraged as long as you are loosing weight. My goal is to loose 8 pounds per month. That would be 96 pounds in one year. I would be happy with 70 pounds in a year or even 50 so just be happy that you are loosing.

I've lost a total of 17 pounds so far and I had surgery on Feb 9th. I was hoping that I would be down 25 pounds or more by now but we have to be patient. Our bodies are trying to figure out why they aren't getting more calories so they hang onto the stored fat. This changes eventually so just hang in there and stick to the plan! :)

Congratulations on you weight loss so far!!! =D>

THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT...AND YOUR RIGHT, 10 LBS IS NOTHING TO SCOFF AT, RIGHT?! I GUESS I JUST HAD UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS...I WILL TRY TO BE MORE PATIENT...