DAY 7 and SO HUNGRY!!!!!!

lisa m.

Hey guys...

i just got banded on 2/27 and have been following post op diet to the letter. i am now on day 7 with slim fast, broth and liquids...and the slim fast is going right thru me (sorry about tmi:) the problem is that i am ABSOLUTELY STARVING!! is this normal? the paperwork Dr. Miranda gave me said that i should NOT be hungry at all, but this is NOT the case!! major hunger pains!!

what can i eat at this point that will give me some ENERGY to be able to think and work?? i am getting extremely lightheaded...not good:((

any suggestions would really be appreciated!!

thanks,

lisa ><'

I didn't feel any hunger until after the first week but then man oh man did my tummy make its presence known. Try some drinkable yogurt, I liked the Go-Gurt brand. It's got some protein in it. Also, go to a grocery store where they have soup pots out with soup in there that's been simmering all day so everything is nice and soft. Load up, bring it home, then run it through the blender until it is the consistency of milk (no chunks!). You can run it through a sieve if you have to. All those soup ingredients blended up equal vegetably meaty goodness.

Guest blueskies7890

You're lucky you can at least have Slim fast lol...

I was banded on 2/28 and I'm only allowed clear liquids and skim milk for TWO weeks! So yes I understand what you mean about being hungry! I have found tho that if I do a "pre-emptive strike" so to speak, I will be less hungry. So I try to eat something every 3-4 hours, instead of three meals a day.

Good luck to you!