Banded March 5th

I was banded on March 5th, I started at 236 but was down to 220 preop, now Im 218, I am doing everything I am supposed to and following the diet, I dont understand why Im only down 2 pounds since surgery. Anyone else have this same situation? Just curious and getting very discouraged . Katie

I was banded on March 5th, I started at 236 but was down to 220 preop, now Im 218, I am doing everything I am supposed to and following the diet, I dont understand why Im only down 2 pounds since surgery. Anyone else have this same situation? Just curious and getting very discouraged . Katie

Many bandsers experience this. I was ultra-dehydrated and fasting at my pre-op weigh-in. In the week after being banded I was very hydrated, and my body in starvation mode. Consuming too few calories can prevent weight loss. Also, your body is recovering from surgery with all kinds of processes going on. The first 3-4 weeks post-op are about healing, not losing weight.

My advice is have a glass of water, and add a healthy dose of patience. It takes time.

No worries. When you have surgery you swell so your body retains a LOT of fluids. Pretty soon you'll see the pounds melting like a Chocolate bar in the desert sun!

Katie, my fellow band sister :)

I've lost 6 pounds since were banded. Not a lot but more than I would have lost if I wasn't banded. I KNOW my stomach is still a bit swollen because I've put on pants that were tight around the waist then and they are still tight and my waist is ALWAYS the first place for it to go. 6 pounds usually would have meant at least SOME loose fitting. I'm planning on the "big loss" not starting to happen until I get my band filled to the right amount. Which I hope is sooner than later.......