what do i do!???

hey!! how yall doing... well it is the first time i'm posting a message here, but i've beenr reading U all for quite a while now.... i have a consultation nxt week with Dr' ortiz! nd will probably be scheduling my surgery for the following month. i have made up my mind and decided to have this surgery... but i do have some conerns and want to know if u guys can give me some feedback or tell me how your experience was..... i know that there are many risk involved when having the surgery ( erosion, slippage, etc) As many of u! i'm going to mexico to have the surgery cause i don;t have a medical insurance here in the states and i'l be paying for the surgery... my major concern is with aftercare.... i'm planning to have my fills in TJ . i live in LA and TJ is pretty close. After reading a few of your responses i've realized that arranging for aftercar b4 the surgery its very important... and this is what i'm worried about... how much is it gonna cost me if the bands slips and need to have a surgery again to put it back on its place, or if they need to replace the band... u know i'm not rich!! has any of you guys ever had any of this problems?? i would really appreciate if u could help me out! and tell me how your experiences was.

Hi Esanche!

I have heard of very few people who have had problems with slippage or erosion! My guess is that nobody is responding because they don't know the cost of it or have had that problem. Maybe the few who HAVE had the problem haven't been on-line. I'm sure someone will respond to you!! ;)

Dianechef

I arranged for my aftercare by requesting a list of approved doctors from Inamed. I then called each one until I found a doctor who would take me on as a new patient. (Most did nto want a patient who had had the procedure done in Mexico.) I live in Maryland and am going to be driving over an hour to meet with my doctor in Virginia. I am paying $ 2,000 for 6 months of care and 2 fills....after that I pay 200 for a fill and 100 for a Drs. visit. Hope this helps.

Apryl

After care is important, but LA isn't so far away. Shell goes to TJ for fills & she lives in Orange County. Even when she had a problem, she had x-rays taken & her husband drove her down to TJ.

I'd rather go to Dr. Ortiz than many American Dr.'s cause he has so much more experience & a low rate of slippage-erosion.

you should ask him all these questions.