How much have you lost?

Teri,

I was wondering why so many fills/unfills???Where did you get your fills done at???

I will be getting my first fill in may 19

redrose

Just havent found the sweet spot yet. :-? Either I can eat ANYTHING or NOTHING. 3 fills at OCC & fills/unfills here locally.

At 7 months post-op and with the VG Band I am down 50 pounds...yes it could have been alot more, but I do eat around band just to get enough calories in after a workout... and the morning switch from Mountain Dew to those instant cappacino drinks has not been my best decision. But, the reason I felt the need to reply in this thread.. is to tell everyone to just relax... the weight will come off and the slower the better...especially for us older folk would might have to have tummy tucks if the skin doesn't shrink too... So just do the right things...number one in my book is get and MAINTAIN a proper fill... so, no matter what, I can't eat more than two pieces of pizza ( hard time with just one most the time) period.. so there is no way I'l be gaining this stuff back if I maintain a proper fill..

Anyway sorry for the ramble.. just relax and enjoy...it'll happen.

Tom

Highest Weight 315

Current weight 247

Hey, great JOB all of you! I'm so glad you are all doing so well! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> I've lost 20 lbs. counting pre-op diet. I'm on week 3 post-op. Can't wait for that first fill, and I'm SO hoping I don't gain any, or very much back BEFORE I get that fill.

Hang in there losers! :D

Donna

Donna.... if you do ...don't worry....it is all about getting to your sweet spot and then work the tool...remember.. you don't have the function of the band until it's filled. if you could stop from gaining the weight back.. I'd be mad that you even got the band...cauze you wouldn't have need it.. eat the best ya can ..AND GET THE FILLS AS NEEDED.

• 2 weeks later...

I started out on January 2006 at 350 PLUS!! Pounds. Used Weight Watchers + Walking/Bicycle Riding to get down to 288 by August 2006 then crashed off and bounced back up to 330. I had to admit that I was on my way to 400 :( . Contacted Obesity Control Center. Pre-op weight after liquid diet was 315. Banded October 2006 By Dr. Ortiz. Weight loss was minimal for the first few months then My metabolism caught fire assisted by exercise and having monthly fills(aggresive). It seems I need a fill for every 10 lbs lost. My Current Weight is 228lbs!!!!!. I have the VG Band and am at 8.2 cc. Just donated 9 Banana Boxes of "Fat Clothes" and bought a new wardrobe that included the first size 34 waist pants I have worn in 20 Years!!!! :-h :D

HELLO EVERYONE:

I WAS BANDED ON MARCH 26 SOOOOOO I AM GETTING READY TO GET MY FIRST FILL AND I WAS WONDERING HOW IS THE EXPERIENCE, IS IT PAINFUL? IS IT UNCOMFORTABLE? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. ALSO I WAS WONDERING I UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER THE FILL YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO LIQUIDS AGAIN? HOW LONG IS THAT FOR? HOPEFULLY NOT FOR 3 WEEKS LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE SURGERY. ANY INFO WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS

IG

I started out on January 2006 at 350 PLUS!! Pounds. Used Weight Watchers + Walking/Bicycle Riding to get down to 288 by August 2006 then crashed off and bounced back up to 330. I had to admit that I was on my way to 400 :( . Contacted Obesity Control Center. Pre-op weight after liquid diet was 315. Banded October 2006 By Dr. Ortiz. Weight loss was minimal for the first few months then My metabolism caught fire assisted by exercise and having monthly fills(aggresive). It seems I need a fill for every 10 lbs lost. My Current Weight is 228lbs!!!!!. I have the VG Band and am at 8.2 cc. Just donated 9 Banana Boxes of "Fat Clothes" and bought a new wardrobe that included the first size 34 waist pants I have worn in 20 Years!!!! :-h :D

JC:

GREAT JOB!!!! GOOD FOR YOU! KEEP THE GOOD WORK!

HELLO EVERYONE:

I WAS BANDED ON MARCH 26 SOOOOOO I AM GETTING READY TO GET MY FIRST FILL AND I WAS WONDERING HOW IS THE EXPERIENCE, IS IT PAINFUL? IS IT UNCOMFORTABLE? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT. ALSO I WAS WONDERING I UNDERSTAND THAT AFTER THE FILL YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO LIQUIDS AGAIN? HOW LONG IS THAT FOR? HOPEFULLY NOT FOR 3 WEEKS LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE SURGERY. ANY INFO WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS

IG

The Fill process is most like a pinch when the needle is inserted then when the saline is added I kinda feel like I just ate a small meal.

Liquids are just a few days on clear then a few on soft like yogurt and soups with more than broth in it.

When you get back to solids be sure to drink fluids before eating. Eat often enough to keep from feeling like you are starving this will help keep from taking big bites and not chewing enough. There are days when it seems you can't chew enough. Most of all follow the Dr recomendations and you should do just fine!

The Fill process is most like a pinch when the needle is inserted then when the saline is added I kinda feel like I just ate a small meal.

Liquids are just a few days on clear then a few on soft like yogurt and soups with more than broth in it.

When you get back to solids be sure to drink fluids before eating. Eat often enough to keep from feeling like you are starving this will help keep from taking big bites and not chewing enough. There are days when it seems you can't chew enough. Most of all follow the Dr recomendations and you should do just fine!

Thank you for the info!

Highly appreciated!

IG