How much have you lost?

I know everyone is different, and everyone's rate of loss is different, but I was just curious....

What was your total weightloss 3 MONTHS after your band surgery?

Anyone remember? :-?

Thanks,

Donna

i am down 30 lbs at 4 1/2 months - i think at 3 months it was about 22 lbs. i have steadily lost about 1.5 lbs a week - sometimes i plateau for about 4 wks and then i know its time for a fill but overall i am very happy to have 30 lbs gone forever. its a very slow progress - i feel like the turtle and that gastric bypass patients are the hare... but i think the turtle way is the best way for me - i keep thinking 2 yrs out i will be where i really want to be in what i believe to be a much healthier way of achieving that goal. dont expect to drop fast - you will be disappointed, unless you are extremely disaplined and can diet the wt off... i cant - i use the tool but i eat what i want - just alot less. good luck, kim

I lost 6 pounds pre-op and 10 more pounds since my March 5 band. Scheduled for a fill on the 16th of April. I start eating "real" food next week and I'm SO afraid I'm going to put it all back on! I've bought some premade food since I don't cook that seems very well proportioned, though not cheap :(

Hi!! WEll I was banded Jan. 18th with the smaller 4cc band. It has not been three months but I was dilligent on getting my fill right at 6 weeks ( I was starting to eat too much - event houghit felt good not to have to chew everything a miillion and a half times!! haha). I started at 280 lbs. and I am now at 253. I am so happy to see that I was able to lose 27 lbsin this time- although it is not as fast as you would hope- but it took me three years to gain more than 150lbs. So I figure it should take at least half that to lose it. I am just so happy that I finally invested in something that actually works and is not harmful (PILLS) to my body or my thyroid (most of the weight loss pills arent supposed to be taken if you hae a thyroid disease- and well...... I still took them). Although I still cant recognize the person ion the mirror (I went from being severely underweight to massively overweight in three years)- I know that someday soon I will be able to. Now the bigger problem- what to do to keep your skin adjusting to the loss with you- I am so afraid of excess skin- what is the point of being little again- if you are still not going to be comfortable in your own skin (or excess skin! lol ). It is soooo nice to know that you ARE going to lose the weight- and now you can just focus on all your other insecurities! hahaha- life is funny like that, huh?

I was banded in July of 06 and since ive lost 46 pounds, so it been a steady amd good. I was hoping to have lost more by now but my physician said it could tak up to 18 mnths to reach my goal. I'm only 5'3 so i really want to get down to 135! Just another 94 pounds to go lol! if i keep at the same steady reate hopefully reach my goal by next summer! bikini hear i come! lol

Anyone have a similar wightloss? I dont know anyone else with the band, and i just joined the forum. I'm in boston MA, anyone neat me ?

Banded Sept 7th 2006 with the VG. Slow and steady. Really didn't lose much until my third fill Started at 298 and today 6 months 2 weeks later at 251. Could have I been better in my choices of foods before I hit my sweet spot.? YES, but yeah 47 pounds in six months isn't bad and I KNOW I cannot gain it back, unless I melt down my chocolate and drink it by the gallon!! Restricted to liquids in the more a few bites at lunch and a little more by dinner. Still cannot get down 2 slices of pizza without being filled to the brim and that on a REAL lose night.

Tom

I KNOW I cannot gain it back, unless I melt down my chocolate and drink it by the gallon!!

Tom

Ooops. So I guess I should stop drinking my chocolate? Are you implying dinking Hersheys syrup before bedtime is a bad thing? LOL :o

I started at 235 on 12/12 and am down to 200.6 right now. I should say 201, but I like the look of the 200.6 better!! I've had one fill and need to get another pretty soon. If you've been reading on this site, you probably already know the band isn't a cure-all, but a helpful tool, you'll still have to learn to manage your cravings and work with the band. But having said that, I'm very happy to have it and know it will help me control my portion sizes from now on. I didn't expect to be in a bikini by this summer, hell, who am I kidding, I just turned 50 so I really don't expect to be in a bikini at all, but I DO expect to be in much better shape by next Christmas and be able to run around a play with my new grandaughter! Good Luck!

Okay, why did you guys have to mention the Hersheys syrup...I forgot that was even in the back of the fridge, now it's calling my name!

I was banded on November 30th so I am actually 4 months post op. My highest weight was 255 back in October and I was trying to diet so I was down a little before the pre-op diet - I lost 12 lbs. on the pre-op diet and since the surgery I have lost 54.4 lbs. - my weight this morning was 185.8 and I am just thrilled to death that I don't have to shop in the women's department and I'm wearing pants that don't have elastic waists.

My only regret is that I waited as long as I did to get the surgery.

322 was my highest weight. I was 310 when I made decision to have surgery. I had to pay for it myself as insurance excluded it. 290 on day of surgery 12/15/06 and 261 today 4/2/07.

Hope to be down to 220 by Christmas....would love to see 200. Haven't been there since....well.....lets just say Reagan was still in office. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Surgery was Nov 1, 2006. I have lost 31 pounds, and my son has lost 34. Lots more energy in our house!

Teri

Teri,

I was wondering why so many fills/unfills???Where did you get your fills done at???

I will be getting my first fill in may 19

redrose

Was banded on March 5th 07 and Im currently down 26lbs just 4 weeks out. WOOOHOOO!! Gotta love it. =D>

I see all this weigh loss and I have to say that I am feeling a little jealous, I am almost 3 weeks now since I had the surgery and I have only lost 6 LBS! What is wrong with me??? Also I don't feel that the band is restricting me, if anything very very little and I still get hungry a lot. I am somehow dissapointed. Anyone want to give me some advise???? I am getting frustrated :unsure:

NO WEIGHT LOSS IS EXPECTED until after your first fill and I am assuming you have not had a fill at 3 weeks. If that is correct then 6lbs is beyond super duper and you should be quite pleased. the first six weeks are solely for healing by following your doc's and nutritionist's advice with NO CHEATING. the band is healing in place - even if you feel terrific you are still healing inside. be patient

Hi. I'm Tracey. I was 197.5 before I started my pre-op diet. I lost 12 lbs on the pre-op diet. On the day of my surgery, which was March 20th I weighed 185. I am at 177 as of today. Thats only 8 lbs since surgery. Honestly I haven't exercised hardly at all. I know thats not a good thing.I do feel sometimes like maybe this isn't going to work as well for me. I thought I would have lost a little more by now. I go for my first fill May 10, which will be at the 8 week mark. Hopefully after the fill I'll really start to see a difference. I do get down about not losing as much as I had hoped by now but I also have to feel relieved that I've lost and not gained. Thats how I try to think about it. One thing I have noticed is how much better I feel and how much energy I have. I just feel healthier. I hope I'm able to keep that feeling.

NO WEIGHT LOSS IS EXPECTED until after your first fill and I am assuming you have not had a fill at 3 weeks. If that is correct then 6lbs is beyond super duper and you should be quite pleased. the first six weeks are solely for healing by following your doc's and nutritionist's advice with NO CHEATING. the band is healing in place - even if you feel terrific you are still healing inside. be patient

Dietingqueen:

Thank you for your words of wisdom and advise. Feel a little better now because I really thought I was doing something wrong :unsure: But I guess it is normal, and you are right I have not had any fills yet, I am now working on scheduling the first one. Hopefully after that happens the weight will come right off. Thanks again.

IG

Hey Barb its Melanie, Congrats on the 54 pounds how exciting. I have not lost that much I am about 22 pounds down and have dropped two sizes. I was so excited to order my wedding dress in a size 20 not a 26. I have one size to go before it will fit right. I did get it to zip up, but it does not look that great, but still it zips. Its so good to hear your out of the womans department. I did put an XL shirt on and it almost looked really good. I can definately notice the difference. Its amazing. Take care, Melanie

I was banded on November 30th so I am actually 4 months post op. My highest weight was 255 back in October and I was trying to diet so I was down a little before the pre-op diet - I lost 12 lbs. on the pre-op diet and since the surgery I have lost 54.4 lbs. - my weight this morning was 185.8 and I am just thrilled to death that I don't have to shop in the women's department and I'm wearing pants that don't have elastic waists.

My only regret is that I waited as long as I did to get the surgery.

I know everyone is different, and everyone's rate of loss is different, but I was just curious....

What was your total weightloss 3 MONTHS after your band surgery?

Anyone remember? :-?

Thanks,

Donna

I was banded on March 29, 2007 and have lost 19 lbs in the last 3 weeks and 29 lbs overall. (WOOOOOHOOOO) Everyone IS different. But, like Dr. Ortiz says the band is a tool but it's up to us to follow the rules, eat right and exercise. This is the best decision I have ever made. I can't wait for the three month mark!!

I Will