Have I made aBIG mistake?

I am ALWAYS hungry, and this nashia, I don't even feel like I can go back to work feeling like this. The only time I feel ok is for 1/2 hour after I've eaten, they even allowed me to start 2nd phase food today, but still so nashiated (spelling ?)all the time. HELP

you were banded only 6 days ago and you are hungry that is so weird maybe it mental hunger

in the begining i was never hungry even now when i eat normal foods im not hungry so maybe you should pick up a hobby to keep your mind off of it maybe it will help

nausea is something mental its not phiscal at all so maybe when you start feeling naseated maybe you can walk around the block or something that would involve contant moving it helped when i had stomach aches after the surgery.

hope this helps

Orr

banded june23 2005

226/204/135

I was hungry a lot too. A lot of it is mental hunger and a lot of it is healing a bit faster and swelling going down quicker and hunger pangs are present. I think many people after it is done look back and romaticize it thinking it wasn't so bad. Kinda like childbirth... hurts like a sonofagun but after it is over, they don't "remember" the pain so much and it was all worth it. yada yada yada.

It is a REALLY rough first 4 weeks. I won't even pretend to lie about it. The good news is that you won't ever have to do this again. But, try and keep positive. It is a rough 4 weeks but at the end of the 4th week you will be sooooooo glad you sticked with it!!! And it really feels like a great accomplishment.

Hang in there!!! It will be over before you know it!