Just got my lap band

Hi everyone, I'm Linda from Texas and just got home today from Monterrey, Mexico where I had my lap band put on. I guess I'm kind of in a limbo or something because I think of many things that could go wrong. My son tells me I'm a worry wort. One question I have is I have pain in my left shoulder they said was from the anistesia and I was wondering how long that would last. I also have diaria , I guess from both the antibiotic and the barium they gave me when they did the e-ray. I sure hope that quits soon because it's really embarrassing with so much gas. I'm going to try to get on this site every day for inspritation. While in Mexico I met a lady who had hers done a year ago and was there for a face life. She said she felt great. At the airport another lady had hers done a year ago and was back for a refill. Another lady had just had it done the same day I did, Monday. Thanks for listening. I'll probably be writing a lot for info. Does anyone know in pounds how much 120 kilos are. That's what they said I waid but I can't believe the conversion I read. According to it I gained over 40 pounds since October.

Hello Linda! Congratulations on your lapband surgery! I'm not yet banded, but from what I've read the left shoulder pain is normal and should subside in a few days. Also on the gas thing, it's been suggested that you take GasX and do ALOT of walking to get it out of your system.

You'll find this forum full of friendly and supportive bandsters! Welcome to the group! I wish you much success and weight loss with your band!

PS: 120 kilos = 264.5 lbs

Hello Linda! Congratulations on your lapband surgery! I'm not yet banded, but from what I've read the left shoulder pain is normal and should subside in a few days. Also on the gas thing, it's been suggested that you take GasX and do ALOT of walking to get it out of your system.

You'll find this forum full of friendly and supportive bandsters! Welcome to the group! I wish you much success and weight loss with your band!

PS: 120 kilos = 264.5 lbs

Thanks for the info. Since I needed to go shopping today I'll get the GasX. Where are you going to get yours done. I'm glad to know there will be a lot of support because I've been yoyoing with my weight for so many years that it will be nice to get it down and keep it there. Boy, do I hate that 264.5 pounds. My son is getting married at the end of May and I hope to look more like the mother of the groom than the blimp of the groom.