Fill Dr's close to Mississippi

I live in Mississippi and will go back to Dr Ortiz for my first fill. But does anyone know of a Fill Dr. closer to Mississippi? It would be nice to not have to go so far.

In Covington there is Dr. Thomas Lavin, he charges 1000.00 for a year and you have to have an upper gi and go thru a diet class. David Carol in Jackson, Ms I think is 300.00 each time, Drake Bellanger in Baton Rouge is 350.00, Ocean Springs is 100.00 plus 400.00. There are quite a few just still expensive.

In Covington there is Dr. Thomas Lavin, he charges 1000.00 for a year and you have to have an upper gi and go thru a diet class. David Carol in Jackson, Ms I think is 300.00 each time, Drake Bellanger in Baton Rouge is 350.00, Ocean Springs is 100.00 plus 400.00. There are quite a few just still expensive.

I am from Mississippi also and looking for a Dr to do the lap band. I am thinking about Dr Ortiz, can somebody tell me how much he charges for this? Its amazing how much these local Drs charge for the fills when its such a simple thing to do!!! They must be getting revenge on us for using other Drs!! Tina :o

I am from Mississippi also and looking for a Dr to do the lap band. I am thinking about Dr Ortiz, can somebody tell me how much he charges for this? Its amazing how much these local Drs charge for the fills when its such a simple thing to do!!! They must be getting revenge on us for using other Drs!! Tina :o

Dr. Ortiz charges $110 per fill, but he uses fluoroscopy, and tends to hit your "sweet spot" sooner than going the touchy feely route. Someone said their first TJ fill was free, but I don't know the details about that. Wish I could go back to TJ for my first fill! :((

And yes, these US doctors apparently want to squeeze our wallets dry!

You can also check www.fillcentersusa.com if you haven't already!

Donna

I agree. First there was no way I could afford what the doctors here in Mobile, Al charge. My first thought was no way was I going to Mexico, so my closest option was Dr. Bellanger in Baton Rouge. But money was tight and I could not even do that. I kept doing research and decided to change my mind and go to Mexico. Dr. Ramos Kelly did my surgery and no problems. But due to my stupid thinking I waited awhile to make an appointement with an aftercare doc. The one I was going to was Dr. Lavin, but they are going thru something with their lawyers about wheather or not to do patients from Mexico. I was so depressed when I found out. Then I called another doctor on my own list and they no longer were seeing patients from Mexico either! All of a sudden it is like we have the plague. Finally I found a doctor that would see me from Baton Rouge. I just feel like I screwed everything up. Everything I have read about Dr. Ortiz on the internet seems to be wonderful, so I cant say anything about him. JUST FIND AN AFTERCARE DOCTOR FIRST!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...