Is this normal?

I was banded Tuesday. Everything is going well. I am feeling a little tightness in my chest. Not when breathing, just like a dull little pressure feeling. Not really bad, just a little. I was just wondering if this is normal? I'm still on clear liquids, so I wouldn't think I'm feeling restriction yet. Anybody else feel this?

Thanks,

Donna

I was banded Jan. 17. I felt just a small bit of pressure but I wouldn't call it that really for the first week or so. I assumed it was from the swelling from the surgery or esophageal spasms. It went away. After my first fill, I felt it again for about a week and I feel it if I eat fast or upon getting full. I can eat only part of a half of a small chicken breast topped with mushroom soup and cheese and get the feeling. This tool really works and I am loving it. Good luck!!!

Michelle Franks

Pre-op weight - 241 on Jan 3, 2007

Post-op weight - 228 on Jan 18, 2007

Weight now on April 7 - 194

Goal - 125-130.

I was banded Tuesday. Everything is going well. I am feeling a little tightness in my chest. Not when breathing, just like a dull little pressure feeling. Not really bad, just a little. I was just wondering if this is normal? I'm still on clear liquids, so I wouldn't think I'm feeling restriction yet. Anybody else feel this?

Thanks,

Donna

This is normal as you suspected- they have moved a few things around getting the band in place so you need to heal a bit. You may also have some shoulder pain due to air inside that has to work itself out. If that happens, try to walk alot and also, sucking on a peppermint candy will help - it has to be something made with real peppermint, not just flavoring. (an RN told me about this when I had the problem and it does provide some relief) Both of these things pass pretty quickly and then you start the fun stuff... starting to lose the weight, feeling better physically and mentally, getting rid of the "oversized" clothes ( really cool) and people starting to notice your positive changes.

Have a great journey!

Steve

Banded 2/1/2007- lost 43 pounds so far

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Donna

Hi, Donna!

I was banded last Monday (8 days ago!) and I have exactly the same thing ! Pressure dead center in my chest every 20 minutes or so. Its GAS. Walk on a treadmill and you will instantly feel better. Getting the gas out is the only remotely negative thing about my whole experience !! I walked a lot the day I went home (I was the crazy lady at LAX who walked in circles for 2 hours waiting for her plane!!!) - then slacked off a little the next few days -- just walked a little == big mistake. I have been eating Gas-X strips like crazy, and am going in search of a peppermint (the other post suggestion - thanks!) It really takes a long time for all that gas to come out !!!!