$325.00 for fills, too much?

I had my surgery in TJ and had planned on using Dr. Thomas Lavin for aftercare. When I got up enough money ($1000.00 for a year) I found out that they are in the middle of deciding on wheather or not to see other doctors patients. I called my second choice, and found he was no longer seeing patients from Mexico! So the first one that would see me I made an appointment. Fill went ok ...BUT....he offered no nutritional advice or even told me anything about what to eat after fill. He is 3 hours away, which is ok, but I really want support besides fills. I live in Mobile, Al so I can go to Panhandle of Florida, Mississippi or Louisiana. Flights to Houston Tx. are cheap from here but I would have to stay overnight and get a taxi. Please, anyone out there have any ideas if this is the best I can do.

Thanks to any and all suggestions,

Cheryl

I had my surgery in TJ and had planned on using Dr. Thomas Lavin for aftercare. When I got up enough money ($1000.00 for a year) I found out that they are in the middle of deciding on wheather or not to see other doctors patients. I called my second choice, and found he was no longer seeing patients from Mexico! So the first one that would see me I made an appointment. Fill went ok ...BUT....he offered no nutritional advice or even told me anything about what to eat after fill. He is 3 hours away, which is ok, but I really want support besides fills. I live in Mobile, Al so I can go to Panhandle of Florida, Mississippi or Louisiana. Flights to Houston Tx. are cheap from here but I would have to stay overnight and get a taxi. Please, anyone out there have any ideas if this is the best I can do.

Thanks to any and all suggestions,

Cheryl

Try this...

http://www.fillcentersusa.com/locator/index.php B)

I got a call back from the fillcenter representative. There are two options for doctors in Houston. One has no access to flouroscopy and the other borrows flouro from another doctor, but that adds $265 to the price. This makes the first fill $464 and subsequent fills $430. This seems pricey to me. Does anyone know of any other options for fills in the Houston area?

I think it is less expensive to fly back to TJ and get it done. Has anyone taken advantage of the hotel deal that Lori posted?

Marsene

I got a call back from the fillcenter representative. There are two options for doctors in Houston. One has no access to flouroscopy and the other borrows flouro from another doctor, but that adds $265 to the price. This makes the first fill $464 and subsequent fills $430. This seems pricey to me. Does anyone know of any other options for fills in the Houston area?

I think it is less expensive to fly back to TJ and get it done. Has anyone taken advantage of the hotel deal that Lori posted?

Marsene

CALL CAROLYN AT OCC SHE HAD A LIST OF DR's IN WA THAT DO FILLS FOR PEOPLE BANDED IN MX. IF SHE'S GOT NO ONE ON HER LIST, GET ON THE PHONE AND DO SOME CALLING. CAN'T HURT

Marsene

Where did you see the "Hotel Deal" Lori posted...?? I am planning a trip to Mexico for a fill and would appreciate a good deal..!!

Thanks

Nanny