port site question

I was just banded on April 23rd by Dr. O in TJ. Maybe I was expecting too much after hearing about everyone's quick recovery but I'm a little worried about my port site. It's red, a little raised and slightly warm. My husband doesn't think it looks too bad, but I don't want it to get infected. Can anyone give a me a detailed description of their healing process? How many days until all the redness dissappeared? Did the plastic-like film just eventually wear off? Does the port site eventually flatten out. I have about 40lbs to lose and am afraid the port will really stick out later if it's already sticking out now. Do I sound a bit paranoid?

I was just banded on April 23rd by Dr. O in TJ. Maybe I was expecting too much after hearing about everyone's quick recovery but I'm a little worried about my port site. It's red, a little raised and slightly warm. My husband doesn't think it looks too bad, but I don't want it to get infected. Can anyone give a me a detailed description of their healing process? How many days until all the redness dissappeared? Did the plastic-like film just eventually wear off? Does the port site eventually flatten out. I have about 40lbs to lose and am afraid the port will really stick out later if it's already sticking out now. Do I sound a bit paranoid?

Some redness and warmth from the site is normal, its your body's healing process. If you notice it becomes more red in a larger area or any drainage noted, see your primary doctor, that could mean infection. Give it a few days or so and you will see a big difference.