Post Op 9 days

beery

Well, I am 9 days post operative and have lost 12 pounds and can tell you I am sick of soup. I have taken so much flack from my co-workers. They are even to the point of making fun of me. But hey, this is my life and its what I want so I don't care what they think. If they are really my friends they can just get over it. It's not like I just keep talking about my surgery non-stop. I never even mention it. They are the ones bringing it up all the time. OK - thanks for letting me vent.

Annette :rolleyes:

Well, I am 9 days post operative and have lost 12 pounds and can tell you I am sick of soup. I have taken so much flack from my co-workers. They are even to the point of making fun of me. But hey, this is my life and its what I want so I don't care what they think. If they are really my friends they can just get over it. It's not like I just keep talking about my surgery non-stop. I never even mention it. They are the ones bringing it up all the time. OK - thanks for letting me vent.

:-? sorry. tried to delete this one...............my first reply. i am not the sharpest knife in the drawer evidently! :lol:

:blink: SOUP? FOR 9 DAYS? I have alot to look forward to~! Just playing Annette. Forget your co-workers that are just being insensitive to your healing process and perhaps don't understand what would be the consequences of chompin' down on that ham n' cheese sandwich they just bought from the vending machine. YOU ARE doin' what you need to do, to make sure you don't mess up your band! At least you have made a life change that you are proud of now (congrats on the 12 lbs) and EACH and EVERY time you meet your weight goals! Yay for you! Congrats!!! Remember, soup isn't FOREVER............ :rolleyes: KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Take Care!

Cheryl

Hey Annette,

I'm Kelly C. I was banded on 4/26. I have been on clears. I'm sick of not the broth and juice but, I'm sick of the BIG D.! It seems I'm running to the bathroom every other hr.! I had bottled water at the hotel and didn't eat anywhere but there. My bottom can't take much more. Did you have this problem?

Kelly C.

Banded 4/26/07

Highest 241

Now 220

My question is when did you start on the regular soup. I am on liquids right now and am unsure when I can eat something like tomota soup.

Thanks

Shannon

The Dietician, Miranda told me that if you can drink it you can have it. Just no chunks. Hope this helps.

Hey Annette,

I'm Kelly C. I was banded on 4/26. I have been on clears. I'm sick of not the broth and juice but, I'm sick of the BIG D.! It seems I'm running to the bathroom every other hr.! I had bottled water at the hotel and didn't eat anywhere but there. My bottom can't take much more. Did you have this problem?

Kelly C.

Banded 4/26/07

Highest 241

Now 220

No, Kelly I never had "THE BIG D" I am sorry. Perhaps you have a touch of the flu? Hope you are doing better. My problem was just the opposite, but once i incorporated the other items, not just clear broth I was better. Looking forward to my first fill.

Take care!

Annette

:blink:

Annette,

You have my admiration. You are focused and keeping perspective even when barraged by your peers. Everytime they bring it up take it as a compliment. It truly is. Most hate to see others change because they feel trapped somehow themselves. Keep on reinventing yourself it only leads to a better life from my experience. Thank you for your frankness and your story of overcoming adversity! Good stuff! Helps us all! Kevin