Plastic Surgery

beery

I was wondering if anyone out there has had plastic surgery in TJ? The plastic surgeon that Dr. Ortiz's office recommends is probably the best but their prices seem very similar to the US doctors

Hi I want to know too! What was the price they gave you and for what? the doctors in T.J if you don't mind me asking.

Hi I want to know too! What was the price they gave you and for what? the doctors in T.J if you don't mind me asking.

I COULD NEVER GET THEM TO ANSWER ME SO I JUST BOOKED LOCALLY. IT REALLY WASN'T TO BAD TO HAVE IT DONE IN TOWN, COST WISE AND I COULD CHECK REFERENCES EASIER. I DIDN'T FIND ANY POSTING BOARDS FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD PLASTIC SURGERY IN MX

GOOD LUCK TO YOU :)

Good Luck on your surgery. I bet you'll look marvelous!!! Congratulations.

Judy

To be Banded June 6

I COULD NEVER GET THEM TO ANSWER ME SO I JUST BOOKED LOCALLY. IT REALLY WASN'T TO BAD TO HAVE IT DONE IN TOWN, COST WISE AND I COULD CHECK REFERENCES EASIER. I DIDN'T FIND ANY POSTING BOARDS FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD PLASTIC SURGERY IN MX

GOOD LUCK TO YOU :)

Good Luck on your surgery. I bet you'll look marvelous!!! Congratulations.

Judy

To be Banded June 6

I HAVE PICTURES POSTED, NOT MANY, PRETTY PERSONAL ON MY WEBSHOT PAGE. THOSE WERE TAKEN ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO. I'LL UPDATE PICTURES IN A FEW MORE WEEKS. I'M STILL SWOLLEN, WILL BE FOR 2 MONTHS TO A YEAR. EVERYDAY THOUGH THE OLD BOD KEEPS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER. I CAN START EXERCISING IN ANOTHER WEEK. I CAN'T WAIT!!! (IS THAT ME PAM SAYING THAT? LOL) WITH JUST A LITTLE WORK NOW I COULD EASILY HAVE A 6 PACK, ME!!!

LAST WEEK I WAS AT NORDSTROMS TRYING ON TWO PIECE BATHING SUITS, ME? AND THEY DIDN'T LOOK TO BAD. NEVER HAVE I WORN A TWO PIECE, EVEN WHEN I WAS IN MY EARLY TEENS.

I HAD A TUMMY TUCK WITH LIPO ON THE FLANKS, AKA LOVE HANDLES. 2 1/2 POUNDS OF SKIN AND FAT WERE REMOVED FROM MY MIDDLE. 250CC FROM ONE SIDE AND THE OTHER SIDE 275CC. (250CC IS ABOUT A CUP) LIPOING THE FLANKS REALLY HELPED WITH THE BACK FAT I'VE GOT. I'D STILL LIKE TO LOSE A FEW MORE POUNDS ALSO.

I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER WITH THIS NEW WORK DONE AND WITH THE BAND WORKING, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO STAY THIS WAY FOREVER.

COST OF THIS NEW SURGERY............... PRICELESS, WELL MORE LIKE $4,995 LOL :lol:

i could use a breast lift next, the list goes on and on lol

• 2 weeks later...

I had a breast lift, breast augmentation and lower body lift on May 1st in TJ Mexico. I used Dr. Gaxiola. He was wonderful and my results are so great! I don't think I will have any more plastic surgery unless I have some work done on my thighs. If so, it will be a few years down the road. However, if I do, I won't even think of going to anyone other than Dr. G! He chrged me $4100 for the breast lift and implants and $5900 for the lower body lift. I got price quotes in Texas and the breast lift and implants was about $7000-$8000. The lower body lift was $10,500! That's ridiculous compared to Dr. G's prices! Plus, Dr. G was so great! When he found out that I was there alone he made me stay in the hospital an extra night for free and he sent a nurse and a receptionist to my hotel the next day to make sure that I could shower okay! The receptionist gave me her cell phone number in case I needed anything over the weekend when their office was closed! That would never happen in Texas! E-mail me for more info! brandywilliams100@yahoo.com

So Pammie, Where did you go locally? I wouldn't mind having a consult and I'm nearby. Since a PS procedure would be more invasive, I think it might be worth it to stay in the area.

Does anyone know the difference between a tummy tuck and a "mini" tummy tuck? I have have some loose skin around the middle, but my ab muscles are building up, and I don't really think I need those tightened. I may consider MX if the newer laser "Smartlipo" will help tighen the skin enough. But I'm just starting the research phase now.

Thanks much

Roger

So Pammie, Where did you go locally? I wouldn't mind having a consult and I'm nearby. Since a PS procedure would be more invasive, I think it might be worth it to stay in the area.

Does anyone know the difference between a tummy tuck and a "mini" tummy tuck? I have have some loose skin around the middle, but my ab muscles are building up, and I don't really think I need those tightened. I may consider MX if the newer laser "Smartlipo" will help tighen the skin enough. But I'm just starting the research phase now.

Thanks much

Roger

HI ROGER,

A FRIEND OF MINE FROM WORK GOES IN ON MONDAY FOR HER FULL TUMMY TUCK WITH MY SURGEON. JUST A TT NO LIPO AS SHE DOESN'T NEED IT, SHE'S GOT A HARD BODY NOW LOL SHE WAS OVER WEIGHT FOR YEARS, STARTED WORKING OUT WITH A TRAINER, DIETING HARD AND SHE'S BEEN ABLE TO KEEP IT OFF FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW. SHE'S GOT THE TIRE THAT WON'T GO AWAY EVEN WITH EXERCISE. SHE'S OBSESSED WITH HER EATTING HABITS NOW, OVERLY!!! ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT. PERSONALLY I COULDN'T LIVE LIKE THAT BUT IT'S WORKED OUT GREAT FOR HER.

THE DR I USED WAS A DR NYTE IN MAPLE VALLEY. HE'S AWAYS OUT FROM ME BUT I LIKED THE PERSONAL ATTENTION I GOT FROM THE APPOINTMENTS TO THE SURGERY TO THE AFTERCARE NOW. HE WORKS OUT OF THE LITTLE HOSPITAL IN NORTH BEND FOR HIS SURGERIES. I WAS THE ONLY SURGERY PATENT OF THE DAY, NOT A NUMBER. I WAS TREATED LIKE A QUEEN. THEY WERE ALL THERE JUST FOR ME ><'

DR NYTE DIDN'T HAVE THE SWOLLEN HEAD I'D GOTTEN WITH ANOTHER SURGEON I LOOKED AT, OH BROTHER AND HE WAS DOWN TO EARTH. AN EVERYDAY GUY. I GO BACK AGAIN THIS THURSDAY FOR A CHECK UP, HOPING TO GET A RELEASE TO GO SWIMMING.

I had a breast lift, breast augmentation and lower body lift on May 1st in TJ Mexico. I used Dr. Gaxiola. He was wonderful and my results are so great! I don't think I will have any more plastic surgery unless I have some work done on my thighs. If so, it will be a few years down the road. However, if I do, I won't even think of going to anyone other than Dr. G! He chrged me $4100 for the breast lift and implants and $5900 for the lower body lift. I got price quotes in Texas and the breast lift and implants was about $7000-$8000. The lower body lift was $10,500! That's ridiculous compared to Dr. G's prices! Plus, Dr. G was so great! When he found out that I was there alone he made me stay in the hospital an extra night for free and he sent a nurse and a receptionist to my hotel the next day to make sure that I could shower okay! The receptionist gave me her cell phone number in case I needed anything over the weekend when their office was closed! That would never happen in Texas! E-mail me for more info! brandywilliams100@yahoo.com

Thank you for posting, Brandy - I have a breast lift/aug, tummy tuck and facelift in my future

(about 3 years) - I've been searching for referrals !

Lisa

Thank you for posting, Brandy - I have a breast lift/aug, tummy tuck and facelift in my future

Lisa

Ditto. I KNOW I'm going to need the boob lift (been needing that for years.......). Not sure yet about the tummy tuck and won't be until I lose a lot more weight. I would be great if it would just snap back into place, lol. Yeah, right, I'm 45.....

I plan on getting a face lift in my 50's. I look at my mother in her 70's and goodness knows she needs one and no, I am NOT going to be the one to tell her. Actually, she's always been so diet conscious that she has the opposite problem than me - if she GAINED 10 pounds it would fill out a lot of her wrinkles. But my jowls are starting to sag and I swear I pass the mirror now and swear my mother's in the house. I want to wait as long as I can so I don't have to do it more than once and end up like The Joker :)

Thailand is another place I've been reading about with excellent rates on PS with 5star accommodations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lisa

I feel a tummy tuck coming on. So thanx everyone for your post.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to Cosmed in TJ (Dr. Quiroz) on July 20. I am getting a breast lift with inplants for $4400. I have heard alot of good things about this doc and feel comfortable with him after having my consult.

Hey HOUSECATGIRL - how ya doing ?? your surgery was 6 days ago -- how ya doing ???

How do they look ??? :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks much

Roger

Roger,

I live in Bremerton, WA. Good to know someone lives pretty close that has the band. I was just 8/15/07 by Dr. Ortiz. Feel free to e-mail me with any comments or thoughts on how to get past the recovery phase of this. How long did it take you to heal and when can I do any lifting? minniedavis@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Minnie : )

Thanks much

Roger

Roger,

thanks for the info I will try and make the meeting in Port Orchard.

Minnie : )

• 2 weeks later...
Hey HOUSECATGIRL - how ya doing ?? your surgery was 6 days ago -- how ya doing ???

How do they look ??? :unsure:

Hi Housecatgirl How are you doing, how did your surgery go and how great do u look? I just had my first consultation with Dr. Quiroz, he was so nice. I am still contemplating. He says I'm ready and cannot fully aprreciate my weight loss cuz of all the sagging skin...I still am doing research but certainly would like to hear about your surgery, after care and what you exactly had done...He recommended an extended abdominoplasty and a breast lift without implants...please reply

Thank you and congratulations on the new you!

Laura from california snuglz60@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering tummy tuck surgery in Mexico, could you give me any details regarding your surgery and what was your down time. How long did you have to stay in Mexico before you could go home. I would have a long plane ride home and I am woried about sitting for too long. Were you pleased with the doctor and his staff? How was the facility? I would appreciate as much information as possible.

• 3 months later...
Our office can make a recommendation for a plastic surgeon in TJ - just call!!

I have been researching plastic surgery in TJ, too. I called for the office for reccommendations but I still feel like I need personal experiences from actual patients. Kind of like here - where you can talk to patients.

I found a support group for patients of plastic surgeons in Mexico and was very happy to "meet" other patients of some of the docs the office reccommends. There are lots of before/after pics of post WLS patients there, too.

Anyway, the site address is www.plasticsurgeryjourneys.com It is not affiliated with any specific doctor.

Good Luck with your research!

• 1 month later...
I am going to Cosmed in TJ (Dr. Quiroz) on July 20. I am getting a breast lift with inplants for $4400. I have heard alot of good things about this doc and feel comfortable with him after having my consult.

Hey Housecatgirl !!

Can you give us an update ???

How did it go ???

thanks!

Lisa