I was a loner for my Lapband procedure

It is good to hear that everyone who has gotten the lapband had someone there with them through out the surgery and recovery. As for me with me living in Philly all of my family and friends are back in TX. I had a co-worker drop me off at the hospital on May 22nd the day of my surgery before she went to work. So you see I was there with no support, but I knew I had the man upstairs by my side every step of the way. Was I scared? NO!!! ><' If anything I was calm as a rug. Hours after the procedure I was up moving and dancing around like I didn't even have surgery. Of course I was sore, but not to the extent to where I couldn't function. When I came home the next day I was wishing I had driven my own car because I was feeling great and was ready to get home. Heck I was giving myself a shower the very next day and making my bed. I know I know, but my pain level was cool or either I can take pain well :blink: . The bottom line is when I got home I was 100% totally on my own. No help from no one, but I am not complaining. Since my surgery I have lost 20 pounds and counting. Hopefully my twin sister in Houston will have the procedure here in the near future, but I do plan on being with here when she goes through it. Finally back at work, but FYI I had the surgery on Tuesday and was getting my nails done on Friday. I know I am a trip, but when I move back to Houston I will be slim, trim, and sexy...lol =D> I have one more week on my liquid diet, but today I broke down and had some refried beans no fat of course and low fat cheese. Ate very little and didn't have any problems so I am good, but I will be back with the liquids all day until next Wed. #-o I said the first thing I want is some lobster because at this moment I am having the worst craving for it. :lol: I wish you guys all the blessings and may God Bless us all on our journey to thinness and better health.

Karmel

You have a lot to be proud of! You certainly are an inspiration for me--can't believe you had your nails done just three days later!!

So it IS true that it's not very invasive?! I won't be having surgery until this fall (insurance requires 6 monthly visits with the nutritionist) and so am reading up on everything I can get my hands on to be sure.

Wow--when your sister sees you she will flip! (And probably immediately call for an appointment!) Congrats!

You have a lot to be proud of! You certainly are an inspiration for me--can't believe you had your nails done just three days later!!

So it IS true that it's not very invasive?! I won't be having surgery until this fall (insurance requires 6 monthly visits with the nutritionist) and so am reading up on everything I can get my hands on to be sure.

Wow--when your sister sees you she will flip! (And probably immediately call for an appointment!) Congrats!

Carolen,

The surgery was great, but then again everybody is different. Really all I have to say is that you are making a wise decision to do the lapband. Just trust in the man up above and you will be alright. I wish you many blessings with geting your approval and getting the surgery. If at anytime you have any questions about the process and procedure I will be more than glad to answer any questions for you. You can reach me at staci_cash1@yahoo.com if you like to talk to me further.

Karmel

Congratulations Karmel. It sounds like you are doing so well! Your faith is strong.

Judy

To be Banded June 6

Congratulations on getting banded June 6. You will do great. The process is simple and nothing too it. Just stay conscious of what you are doing especially when feeding your body and how you eat. I am not trying to have any PB or slips of the band. So far everything is going good for me and I get around like a champ. Hopefully I will be going zydeco dancing here real soon. =D> :rolleyes: By the way, how are you liking the 10 day liquid protein diet?

Karmel

I did it alone. In thinking about it, I'm glad I did - I didn't have to worry about making sure someone else was fed, entertained. taking care of. etc. The ONLY thing I hated was dragging my luggage around for the hospital stay, but I didn't pack that much so it wasn't too bad ;)

Congrats on the new band!!

Ahhh, the liquid diet. I LOVE how the weight if flying off. It's really not as tough as I thought it would be. I have hunger pangs through the night and in the morning, but the day time is okay. Thanks for the Congrats.

Judy

To be Banded June 6

Congratulations on getting banded June 6. You will do great. The process is simple and nothing too it. Just stay conscious of what you are doing especially when feeding your body and how you eat. I am not trying to have any PB or slips of the band. So far everything is going good for me and I get around like a champ. Hopefully I will be going zydeco dancing here real soon. =D> :rolleyes: By the way, how are you liking the 10 day liquid protein diet?

Karmel

It is good to hear that everyone who has gotten the lapband had someone there with them through out the surgery and recovery. As for me with me living in Philly all of my family and friends are back in TX. I had a co-worker drop me off at the hospital on May 22nd the day of my surgery before she went to work. So you see I was there with no support, but I knew I had the man upstairs by my side every step of the way. Was I scared? NO!!! ><' If anything I was calm as a rug. Hours after the procedure I was up moving and dancing around like I didn't even have surgery. Of course I was sore, but not to the extent to where I couldn't function. When I came home the next day I was wishing I had driven my own car because I was feeling great and was ready to get home. Heck I was giving myself a shower the very next day and making my bed. I know I know, but my pain level was cool or either I can take pain well :blink: . The bottom line is when I got home I was 100% totally on my own. No help from no one, but I am not complaining. Since my surgery I have lost 20 pounds and counting. Hopefully my twin sister in Houston will have the procedure here in the near future, but I do plan on being with here when she goes through it. Finally back at work, but FYI I had the surgery on Tuesday and was getting my nails done on Friday. I know I am a trip, but when I move back to Houston I will be slim, trim, and sexy...lol =D> I have one more week on my liquid diet, but today I broke down and had some refried beans no fat of course and low fat cheese. Ate very little and didn't have any problems so I am good, but I will be back with the liquids all day until next Wed. #-o I said the first thing I want is some lobster because at this moment I am having the worst craving for it. :lol: I wish you guys all the blessings and may God Bless us all on our journey to thinness and better health.

Karmel

I'll be having my surgery alone too. I'm 47 and 2 years ago I had to have my tonsils out. Other than someone driving me there and home I went through that by myself. I figure if I can survive that, I can survive anything! Tonsilectomies are for kids!

I did my LapBand surgery alone, too. I stayed at a Holiday Inn, and explained beforehand about my surgery, and about being alone. They arranged for a shuttle to and from surgery. After my surgery, Holiday Inn called the hospital to check on me! Even the nurses commented on what uncommon personalized service for a hotel. I stayed at the hotel for 3 days to be near the hospital, and everyone from management to housekeeping was checking on me! I was so impressed that during my stay I made a small cross-stitch framed picture for them that read "Holiday Inn is My Sunshine," and I cross-stitched a picture of a big sun on it. I was almost embarrassed at all the attention the hotel gave me. I felt unworthy, but I was so very grateful. Rachelle