greetings from new member

Hello, everyone! I just joined...not sure how to navigate yet. I just met my surgeon 5/30/07. Surgery date will be 7/2/07. I am nervous and excited. Sometimes a little sad I couldn't conquer the weight issue on my own. Love this site and your helpful posts. I've managed to lose 23 lbs. on my own so far. Surgeon spoke of many foods I probably wouldnt be able to eat...bread, pasta, potatoes, soda, popcorn, corn, steak, the list goes on and on. big commitment, hey?

Hello, everyone! I just joined...not sure how to navigate yet. I just met my surgeon 5/30/07. Surgery date will be 7/2/07. I am nervous and excited. Sometimes a little sad I couldn't conquer the weight issue on my own. Love this site and your helpful posts. I've managed to lose 23 lbs. on my own so far. Surgeon spoke of many foods I probably wouldnt be able to eat...bread, pasta, potatoes, soda, popcorn, corn, steak, the list goes on and on. big commitment, hey?

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. The bottom line you will love the end result and you know what it comes down to you not living to eat, but eat to live. Which that is a wonderful feeling. You will be shocked at how quickly your eating habits will change. I had my surgery on May 22nd and I am doing great. Of course I went through the procedure all on my own with no one to help me after surgery, but you know what I got through the post-op with no problem. I healed up better than what I thought I would. Just follow your doctors instructions and advice and you will be happy with your decision to get banded. I wish you many blessings with this.

Karmel

Welcome Linda. I understand the sadness. I hope you come across my message about it. I can relate. Hugs to you. I cannot speak from experience since I am not yet banded, but I have read message boards across the internet every chance I get and I have found that these foods are out for sure in the beginning, but as time goes by and you get used to the band, maybe a year or so, some of these are fine so long as you've learned how to properly chew and not over eat. The one I believe I'll miss the most is popcorn. I love it and I have't found anyone who can tolerate it (nor have I asked in specific) I've read of many who eat potatoes and breads that aren't too soft. Everybodys list seems to be a bit different on what "they" can or cannot tolerate. Congratulations on losing 23 lbs on your own so far. Keep up the great work.

Judy

To be Banded June 6

Welcome Linda. I understand the sadness. I hope you come across my message about it. I can relate. Hugs to you. I cannot speak from experience since I am not yet banded, but I have read message boards across the internet every chance I get and I have found that these foods are out for sure in the beginning, but as time goes by and you get used to the band, maybe a year or so, some of these are fine so long as you've learned how to properly chew and not over eat. The one I believe I'll miss the most is popcorn. I love it and I have't found anyone who can tolerate it (nor have I asked in specific) I've read of many who eat potatoes and breads that aren't too soft. Everybodys list seems to be a bit different on what "they" can or cannot tolerate. Congratulations on losing 23 lbs on your own so far. Keep up the great work.

Judy

To be Banded June 6

Hello, Judy! Thanks for the hug and support. Only 2 more days and you will be banded!! How do you feel....excited, scared, etc? Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Please keep us posted! Be well and follow what the doctor says!!! Linda

Don't start mourning those foods just yet! Everyone is different. I was very tight after my recent fill. We went to the theatre the next day, and I thoroughly enjoyed my popcorn! It may be different for others, but I have no trouble with popcorn at ALL. Same goes with potato chips, so I have to make sure I don't BUY them! I feel like I can treat myself to popcorn on occassion at the movies, and all will be OK. Now, after my next couple of fills, I may be singing a different tune, but as for now, popcorn, and most of the other things you mentioned still go down FINE! :)

Donna