I want to EAT!! =(

Okay okay okay.....this is my 10th day after surgery! and...........I NEED to eat! the first five days where fine but this diet is so HARD! We had a surprise bday party for my friend at my house today and everyone brought all this yummy food...Chips, dips, cake, hamburgers, hot dogs...candy! grrr knowing that i could only eat my dumb yogurT! grr...........im not saying im gonna eat it ..but its just soo HARD! how did u guys do it !?!?! pleaseeeeeeeeeee let me know! cus gosh i cant stop thinking about it! HELP PLEASE

We all wanted to eat before we were suppossed to, you are normal but the one thing that kept me focused and on task was the fact that if I did eat solid food before I was supposed to I was putting my band at risk of slipping and that was something NO food was worth eating. You can do this, we all made it through and are here to help you get through, just keep a water bottle with you at all times and drink drink drink. There is a light at the end of the tunnel :)

Hang in there

I know, it's REALLY hard. I went to a party a week after my surgery with chicken, hot dogs, cake, all the goodies and it was really tough - I actually broke down and had a bite of potato salad - be strong! By the end I was really going crazy, but after I was able to mushies, then to solids & eat a little meat it was totally worth it! It helps you lose weight too - being on liquids initially. Stay strong! ;)

Hang in there, it will get easier for you , in no time you will be able to look back and be glad this stage is over, try to keep yourself busy ice chips helped me alot. I know it is hard try in the begining to stay away from the crowds of food until you have control over your eating. I know how hard it is. I was a social eater and a big time stress eater I had my band on 04/08/05 and on 04/15/05 my father died. it was very hard getting through that stress and the family gathering and the usual comforting myself with food. but I can look back now and say I am very glad that stage is over. I can also now go to gatherings, parties and etc And Keep control I don't even miss the food. keep up with the group here or find a local supprt group that will also help alot to be able to talk with others that know what you are going through. It also helped me that I had friends that had went through the bypass, there experience was very similiar to what we are going through. I hope this helps.