question for the women who had ps

newgirl

OK, I'm embarassed to post this but I have to know. Probably one of my biggest fears of losing weight is losing my breast size/tone/shape (which I love right now). I'm terrified I'll need some kind of procedure. I've looked at the before/after pictures after LAP weight loss and some of them are pretty scary.

I've been doing research and everything I've read says that breast surgeries have a risk of loss of nipple sensation. I have a friend who had an augmentation and she totally lost all sensation until about midway up her breast. I can't even imagine how awful that would be!

Has anyone had a procedure and experienced this side effect? If you don't want to post on the forum, e-mail me at raven_2930@yahoo.com.

Thanks, :unsure:

Nancy

I 100% agree with LoriBecky, I'd rather have hanging breasts or in my case NO breasts than be overweight.

I had breast augmentation March 23rd of this year. I did not have huge breasts to begin with however I lost almost all that I had and felt it necessary to have breast enlargement. Next to the band it was the best thing I have done for myself. I have had no lose of sensation whatso ever, I'd say it's quite the opposite. I think the girls look much better now than they ever did.

I had breast reduction surgery January2006...I did not have sensation totally for about a year; however, the sensation I have now is more painful to the touch. I love the reduction, but the outcome of my nipple sensation distresses me because I do not like to be touched at all now....

Thanks for sharing on a "sensitive" topic everyone. I guess every experience is different. I'm not going to allow myself to worry about it and just wait and see what happens when I've lost the weight. I've never had children so I have really good tone now, maybe that will help.

Thanks again!

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

I had breat reduction in 2003 and it was the greatest!! There was some senistive areas for about 9 months but now you would never know. Plus my neck and shoulders feel much better.

Otherwise my nipples would just about be to my waist and pointed down!! now they are out there!!