just a little nervous

My assistant, who recently had a baby, told me that the actual thought of giving birth was so overwhelming she just put it out of her mind. Even though she knew that her daughter had to come out at some point she said to me she just "put it out of her mind" she did not want to think about the how. I thought it was ridiculous until I tried it myself with the banding procedure. That is until my pre-op diet brought me straight into the here and now. So again I had to bring myself out of the worry and into the now. Right now I all I have to do is drink those deliciously chalky shakes then will see what happens. It seems to be working. I will deal with it all when I absolutely have to. Worry is a girl's greatest ailment. Best wishes July 17th is here....

I am getting banded Aug. 10. I am worried about it not working or I won't lose anyweight. Although I am super excited about the change and how that it goes smoothly

Hey everyone,

I'm getting banded on August 6 and I can't wait. I know this may sound a little woo-woo, but I honestly believe that what we focus on and project to the universe is what we will receive. So I'm focuing and believing that my surgery will go perfectly and my weight loss will be very sucessful. I'm a Buddhist, so doing this kind of focused thinking/meditation/etc. is part of my belief system.

Whatever you need to do to remain positive, do it! Pray, chant, meditate, cut out pictures from the Victorias Secret catalog and put them on your bathroom mirror knowing that will be you... don't let anything negative creep into your thinking and sabotage your efforts for a full and happy life. I'll be sending energy for peace of mind your way.

Nancy

It's so easy for me to say from the "other" side of recently being banded to relax. I was also super worried, but had I known how great the experience would be, I would have not worried a bit. I watched Extreme Makeover in the Hotel the night before surgery and got a great quote from it. "There are lots of things to think about, but nothing to worry about."

BTW, you will lose weight if you follow the simple rules and don't challenge the band....."Don't challenge the band"-words from Dr. Ortiz prior to my surgery. I keep repeating them. I am losing weight nicely and you will too.

Judy

I am getting banded on July 26th by Dr. Ortiz, and I start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I am not nervous about the procedure, but about the afterwards. I am afraid I won't loss weight because I will still want to shove something in my mouth.I quit smoking in May and I am having problems with the hand to mouth fixation. I eat now and I am not hungry when I do eat. What is going to happen after the band? My jaws are so tired from chewing gum. Any suggestions?

Candy