LapBand in the US

I have been reading about people ehre going to Mexico to have thier LapBand done. can you tell me if anyone is from Texas and seeing Dr's in their state. I am from Texas and I have been going to the Bariatric Center at Providence in Waco, TX I am still waiting on my insurance provider to approve me. I ahve done all the pleminary work and now playing the waiting game. The clinic told me that Firstcare res[ponds quickly and never had a problem with them in the past. I was just wondering if anyone here lives in Texas and will be having thier surgery here or in Mexico. Thanks

Sharon

Hi. I initially was considering having surgery in Texas. My insurance wouldn't cover the band. I ran into an old friend of mine who had Dr. Ortiz do hers. Anyway, I found a comparable doctor in Texas (over 3000 surgeries). So if you are determined to have the surgery done there, I have the info. Lap Band Solutions 1-866-342-band. Good luck!

Hi. I initially was considering having surgery in Texas. My insurance wouldn't cover the band. I ran into an old friend of mine who had Dr. Ortiz do hers. Anyway, I found a comparable doctor in Texas (over 3000 surgeries). So if you are determined to have the surgery done there, I have the info. Lap Band Solutions 1-866-342-band. Good luck!

Yes I will be having my band done in Waco, Texas I have Insurance and it will cover the procedure. I called today and forund out that I was approved for the surgery. I will ahve all my fills done free it is included in the package deal. I am not too sure about going to Mexico to ahve surgeries I ahve seen many stories about people and complications . My friend has a freind that had hers done in Mexico Via San Antonio, TX and she had her lapband done and a face life for 3,000 sounds too good to be true but she said that both surgeries came out fine and the woman looks beautiful.