Need some encouragement

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and need some encouragement. I was banded on 7-26 and have not lost any weight yet. In fact, I came back after my surgery 3 lbs more than when I left. I am on my liquid diet, slim fast and soup, but I am starving and getting discouraged. I know it takes time, but I need some encouraging words to get thru this first slump. I appreciate any words of wisdom from the "old pros" lol. Thanks and take care.

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and need some encouragement. I was banded on 7-26 and have not lost any weight yet. In fact, I came back after my surgery 3 lbs more than when I left. I am on my liquid diet, slim fast and soup, but I am starving and getting discouraged. I know it takes time, but I need some encouraging words to get thru this first slump. I appreciate any words of wisdom from the "old pros" lol. Thanks and take care.

Hi There!

Do not fret the weight gain, I actually came back from TJ 7 pounds heavier!! It is because of the massive amount of fluids they pump into you after surgery. I know it was about a week later and for a whole day I just COULD NOT stay out of the bathroom... Then I was back to loosing weight... I am not sure when they told you that you could start proteins, but as soon as you can, hunger pains will go away. Once you are off clear fluids, which I assume you are by day 7(??) and are on full liquids try this protein shake: 1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder (I like EAS); 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk, water, or soy milk; and one container of the premade jello sugar free pudding, any flavor. Just blend or shake up... they are yummy, very filling and full of protein!

It has been 9 months since I was banded... I have lost 61 pounds and have not regretted my band even once. I can eat whatever I want, just in much smaller portions and NEVER feel like I am on a diet. It is not easy sometimes though, I have had 6 week periods where I ate right, exercised regularly and not lost an ounce.... then would loose 10 pounds in two weeks...

You will be fine, head hunger was a big issue for me in the early months... I would walk into the kitchen, open the fridge and think I am hungry, but I really wasn't. I would sip a glass of water and the feeling was gone.....

Good luck!! You are on your way! ><'

Thanks, I appreciate the wisdom. I'll keep my chin up and keep looking on here for fellow bandsters support.

Hi There!

Do not fret the weight gain, I actually came back from TJ 7 pounds heavier!! It is because of the massive amount of fluids they pump into you after surgery. I know it was about a week later and for a whole day I just COULD NOT stay out of the bathroom... Then I was back to loosing weight... I am not sure when they told you that you could start proteins, but as soon as you can, hunger pains will go away. Once you are off clear fluids, which I assume you are by day 7(??) and are on full liquids try this protein shake: 1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder (I like EAS); 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk, water, or soy milk; and one container of the premade jello sugar free pudding, any flavor. Just blend or shake up... they are yummy, very filling and full of protein!

It has been 9 months since I was banded... I have lost 61 pounds and have not regretted my band even once. I can eat whatever I want, just in much smaller portions and NEVER feel like I am on a diet. It is not easy sometimes though, I have had 6 week periods where I ate right, exercised regularly and not lost an ounce.... then would loose 10 pounds in two weeks...

You will be fine, head hunger was a big issue for me in the early months... I would walk into the kitchen, open the fridge and think I am hungry, but I really wasn't. I would sip a glass of water and the feeling was gone.....

Good luck!! You are on your way! ><'

Don't worry- I didn't lose much until I had my fill - even then we had to get that right. It seemed like a lot of time, but it is really worth it. I have been told it is best to lose slowly so your body adapts to the new you anyway. If you had the patience to get this far, you will certainly be successful in the long run.Lynnkd

Hi,

I'm originally from the Davenport. How long have you been living there? My husband is from Bettendorf. Our kids and grandchildren live in Davenport. We now live in Florida. I'll be having surgery next week. Thanks for all of the information. It's all the things that I'll need to know. The only thing I'm worried about is not getting any protein in the first week. Any suggestions?

Dawn

Hi,

I'm originally from the Davenport. How long have you been living there? My husband is from Bettendorf. Our kids and grandchildren live in Davenport. We now live in Florida. I'll be having surgery next week. Thanks for all of the information. It's all the things that I'll need to know. The only thing I'm worried about is not getting any protein in the first week. Any suggestions?

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

I am flying from Seattle tomorrow 8/15/07 to be banded on 8/16/07. I will look for you there.

Minnie : )