Can this band tighten on it's own?

I'm recently banded and don't have the answer for you but i'm sure you should definitely call your doctor immediately - you might have slippage or erosion - hopefully it's not that serious but whatever it is - CALL your doctor immediately.

I had a fill in September. I felt restriction but not overwhelming. It is now beg of December and it does seem to have "tightened" somewhat recently. I can't eat any type of breakfast whatsoever until I have been up and active for at least 4-5 hours. (i.e. if I wake up at 6am, can't eat nothing until 10-11am, nothing but hot liquids)

Plus, at lunch I am a bit restricted than dinner. But my problem recently is being STARVING come dinner time and snacking too badly.

Need to fix that habit. :(

Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Jenna... I have exactly the same problem...no solids til like 5 hours after waking, and starving by the time dinner comes... do you experience a lot of stomach gas? lately in the past 2 weeks, everything i eat i get stomach bloating and literally after 1 or 2 bites im done... it seems to have tightened on its own... is there something I can take to reduce the stomach gas so I can have at least 2 of my 3 meals a day?

Thanks... Kyle

Not really, sorry. I just drink warm liquids (the hotter the better) in the morning and it is good. I just really try to concentrate on eating GOOD foods later in the evenings to fill up. And it seems to work. Takes a bit of self control on my part, but it does work. Just sucks because I do love a good breakfast once in awhile.

Regarding the gas, yes I do get it. I usually get on my knees, and rock back and forth in a fetal position. This usually "escapes" some gas. Also, my regular doctor told me to do some stretches for the stomach (the downward dog of Yoga) and that should "release" the gas. Also, the mylanta chewables. Sometimes it gets bad and bloated. I just have to take the time to have it "released".

I was told something interesting by my Dr. about the band being tighter in the mornings. He said that it is usually because you have eaten too much the night before and some of it is still in your pouch the next morning. He says that the warm fluids in the morning is just washing that food through the band and then you can eat again. Not sure if this is the cause all the time because I do believe that your body swells at night but since I have stopped eating late and so much at night I am not tight in the morning anymore and can finally eat breakfast again. I am also not as hungry at night when I can eat my three meals.

Heather