2 Weeks After Surgery!! HUNGRY!!

kimmizing

Today is exactly 2 weels since my LB surgery, and I'M HUNGRY!! :(( I have been eating more or less as Miranda instructed, except maybe not enough protein shakes... But, this morning after my Cream of Wheat, I was still hungry so I had a bagel with cream cheese!!! #-o (normally I would have had scrambled egg whites with some cottage cheese, but I didn't make it to the grocery store over the weekend - so didn't have any eggs!!)

Now I'm worried about a few things:

1. Why am I feeling hunger?

2. Why did the bagel go down so easily w/o any PBing, sliming or pain?

3. Will this ruin my Lap Band??!!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!! :((

Kimmizing ><'

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/hotzzzzzing/

Today is exactly 2 weels since my LB surgery, and I'M HUNGRY!! :(( I have been eating more or less as Miranda instructed, except maybe not enough protein shakes... But, this morning after my Cream of Wheat, I was still hungry so I had a bagel with cream cheese!!! #-o (normally I would have had scrambled egg whites with some cottage cheese, but I didn't make it to the grocery store over the weekend - so didn't have any eggs!!)

Kimmizing ><'

The bagel probably went down easy because your swelling has gone down and your looser than you were. You may have chewed well enough for it to slide on down. But be really careful and don't push it. It is so easy to think you are safe and in the clear. I have never pb'd or slimed, etc. I hope to never do any of that.

This won't ruin your band. Just stay on the liquids for another week and then go for it and enjoy real food again. ;)

Judy

p.s. At the same time you are at now, I was so scared of eating anything solid, but was getting depressed and desperate. I ate a cookie to mush and spit it out. I did the same thing with a couple other things and was satisfied. Not a good habit, but I never got into the habit and was fine. By the time I was able to to eat solid foods, I was nervous, but just remembered to chew to goo and all was well.

Kimmizing ><'

Hang in there, I am right there with you. I can eat Sept 5th and I am going crazy. I am also wanting the weight to fall off. With all these lowfat liquids one would think the pounds would fall a little faster.

Minnie : )

Hang in there, I am right there with you. I can eat Sept 5th and I am going crazy. I am also wanting the weight to fall off. With all these lowfat liquids one would think the pounds would fall a little faster.

Minnie : )

I'm right there too, I can eat on Sept 10th. I have to admit that I've done the solid food chew and spit out thing a few times. Luckily, I'm way to scared to swallow it. But it's worked well for me when my family is eating something that I'm dying to taste. The act of spitting it out grosses me out so much that the craving is gone! Sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up so hungry that I have to get up and go drink a tiny Danimals yogurt or a Slim Fast just to make it through the night. I figure that I'm only taking in about 600 to 800 calories a day at this point. I hope the hunger doesn't get worse in week 3, if it does, don't tell me! :blink:

~Lauren

I am at the very beginning of my second week (day 8) and I've been fearing the hunger you guys are talking about. Mostly, I've been head hungry (I begged my boyfriend to let me LICK a Reese's mini he had and I SWORE I'd give it back-- he wouldn't let me). Physical hunger has been really minimal, because the 1/2 cup servings of soups, protein shakes, etc. have been leaving me STUFFED for about 2-3 hours afterwards.

I did want to recommend Unjury though. Yesterday I made my first Unjury smoothie. It came out more like a malted strawberry milkshake because of the Unjury, and that sucker was HUGE. I had to work very hard all day to get the whole thing-- just one!-- down.

Recipe:

1 small very berry juice box (6 oz) - 100 cals

~8 frozen strawberries - 31 cals

heaping tablespoon of Splenda - 0 cals

1 scoop of unflavored Unjury (20 g of protein!) - 80 cals

Blend! I made the mistake of blending the Unjury with the the other ingredients-- it makes it VERY fluffy. Today I'm going to do the same thing, but stir the Unjury in gently after everything else is blended.

Anyway, try it. I swear you won't be hungry after!

I am at the very beginning of my second week (day 8) and I've been fearing the hunger you guys are talking about. Mostly, I've been head hungry (I begged my boyfriend to let me LICK a Reese's mini he had and I SWORE I'd give it back-- he wouldn't let me). Physical hunger has been really minimal, because the 1/2 cup servings of soups, protein shakes, etc. have been leaving me STUFFED for about 2-3 hours afterwards.

I did want to recommend Unjury though. Yesterday I made my first Unjury smoothie. It came out more like a malted strawberry milkshake because of the Unjury, and that sucker was HUGE. I had to work very hard all day to get the whole thing-- just one!-- down.

Recipe:

1 small very berry juice box (6 oz) - 100 cals

~8 frozen strawberries - 31 cals

heaping tablespoon of Splenda - 0 cals

1 scoop of unflavored Unjury (20 g of protein!) - 80 cals

Blend! I made the mistake of blending the Unjury with the the other ingredients-- it makes it VERY fluffy. Today I'm going to do the same thing, but stir the Unjury in gently after everything else is blended.

Anyway, try it. I swear you won't be hungry after!

So where do you get the protein powder? At GNC? I've always avoided going in that place for all the meat-head guys I always see in there, lol. I've been eating a lot of campbells condensed soups. It takes me a day to eat a whole can, and then I have one slim fast too at some point during the day, usually for breakfast. I need to come up with something else, I'm getting sick of the slim fasts. I need to go buy a blender today (I seem to throw them away or lose them every time I move), get some fruit, start experimenting.

Hey, Vex, did your boyfriend go to Mexico with you? Do you have blond hair and he wears glasses? If so, I think we were at the restaurant at the same time in the hotel. If not, then nevermind, lol. I probably left on your surgery day, I think. The 22nd? We left for the airport while everyone was in the lobby waiting for Mrs. Ortiz. I hope all's going well for you!

~Lauren

So where do you get the protein powder? At GNC? I've always avoided going in that place for all the meat-head guys I always see in there, lol. I've been eating a lot of campbells condensed soups. It takes me a day to eat a whole can, and then I have one slim fast too at some point during the day, usually for breakfast. I need to come up with something else, I'm getting sick of the slim fasts. I need to go buy a blender today (I seem to throw them away or lose them every time I move), get some fruit, start experimenting.

Hey, Vex, did your boyfriend go to Mexico with you? Do you have blond hair and he wears glasses? If so, I think we were at the restaurant at the same time in the hotel. If not, then nevermind, lol. I probably left on your surgery day, I think. The 22nd? We left for the airport while everyone was in the lobby waiting for Mrs. Ortiz. I hope all's going well for you!

~Lauren

I ordered it from their website. I went to GNC and they didn't have it. In fact, I tried several other kinds of protein drinks from GNC and were really disappointed with them.

Yes! That was us! Me with blonde hair and glasses, him with dark hair and glasses! Did you see us eating our Last Meal at Rivoli?! Ha!

I ordered it from their website. I went to GNC and they didn't have it. In fact, I tried several other kinds of protein drinks from GNC and were really disappointed with them.

Yes! That was us! Me with blonde hair and glasses, him with dark hair and glasses! Did you see us eating our Last Meal at Rivoli?! Ha!

How funny! We were at the table next to you sort of diagonally. That is so funny, I wish I had known at the time that you guys were fellow ATL-ers!

I got some soy protein powder at Walmart yesterday, but after I got home I saw that it has like 170 calories per scoop and says something about "bulking up" on the container. That's kinda scary! Lol. I'm trying to un-bulk! #-o

~Lauren

How funny! We were at the table next to you sort of diagonally. That is so funny, I wish I had known at the time that you guys were fellow ATL-ers!

I got some soy protein powder at Walmart yesterday, but after I got home I saw that it has like 170 calories per scoop and says something about "bulking up" on the container. That's kinda scary! Lol. I'm trying to un-bulk! #-o

~Lauren

Yikes! Do you have any skinny acquaintances that you hate? Put that powder in an empty Slimfast container or something and give it away. Then buy some Unjury.

I am a huge, huge, huge Unjury fan now! I had 1 scoop of the chocolate Unjury mixed with 8 oz. of 2% milk (all that was available at work-- normally I go for 1%), and it was ridiculously tasty. Very much like a chocolate malted milkshake. I highly recommend it! And its been 3 hours and I'm not even really hungry yet.

Yikes! Do you have any skinny acquaintances that you hate? Put that powder in an empty Slimfast container or something and give it away. Then buy some Unjury.

I am a huge, huge, huge Unjury fan now! I had 1 scoop of the chocolate Unjury mixed with 8 oz. of 2% milk (all that was available at work-- normally I go for 1%), and it was ridiculously tasty. Very much like a chocolate malted milkshake. I highly recommend it! And its been 3 hours and I'm not even really hungry yet.

Okay, I'm going to order some now!

And I do have some skinny friends I could give that stuff to... lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my name is valerie, this is my very first post. I just had lap band surgery in monterrey on sept 17th, i've lost six pounds so far and well i kind of was expecting to lose more.I guess i just want to be thin NOW! My main problem is having these hunger pains during the middle of the nite.I ignore it and try to go back to sleep.Ugh! Sleeping is annoying for me because i can't seem to get comfortable.My tummy still hurts where the site of the port is,how long will that last?It's making me nervous. And i have to admit i've been eating yougurt,mashed potatoes,and creamy soups.Is that okay with in the first week? I seem to be okay with that but i did have a scare this afternoon with fruit.I was in so much pain and my stomach felt such a tight feeling and it was a bit hard for me to breath. I didn't know what to do,so i got myself to calm down and drank some water.That seemed to help. I'm still swallon and i'm wondering when that will go down.My stomach needs to go down and fast. I hate walking around feeling so bloated! I have to say though that this is such a huge change for me.I'm so use to eathing what i want and eating alot and now it amazes me that i'm full with eating just a yougurt! I just want to know that i'm doing the correct things and obeying my diet. I'm also worried about infection.Did any of you go see your personal M.D. afterwards? Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated. With warm regards,Valerie

Hi my name is valerie, this is my very first post. I just had lap band surgery in monterrey on sept 17th, i've lost six pounds so far and well i kind of was expecting to lose more.I guess i just want to be thin NOW! My main problem is having these hunger pains during the middle of the nite.I ignore it and try to go back to sleep.Ugh! Sleeping is annoying for me because i can't seem to get comfortable.My tummy still hurts where the site of the port is,how long will that last?It's making me nervous. And i have to admit i've been eating yougurt,mashed potatoes,and creamy soups.Is that okay with in the first week? I seem to be okay with that but i did have a scare this afternoon with fruit.I was in so much pain and my stomach felt such a tight feeling and it was a bit hard for me to breath. I didn't know what to do,so i got myself to calm down and drank some water.That seemed to help. I'm still swallon and i'm wondering when that will go down.My stomach needs to go down and fast. I hate walking around feeling so bloated! I have to say though that this is such a huge change for me.I'm so use to eathing what i want and eating alot and now it amazes me that i'm full with eating just a yougurt! I just want to know that i'm doing the correct things and obeying my diet. I'm also worried about infection.Did any of you go see your personal M.D. afterwards? Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated. With warm regards,Valerie

Wow Valerie!! I remember those early weeks!! They were very difficult!! I started chewing and spitting out food, just for the flavor!! I DON'T RECOMMEND IT!! I don't do it very much anymore, but it helped my cravings and mental hunger go away in the early days. The weird, yet fantastic, thing I'm going through now is that I am not having ANY cravings!! And I used to really crave a lot of junk and fast foods pre LB!! Stick with the protein shakes and broths for now... I used to add jars of babyfood such as mixed vegitables with my broth so it had more flavor. Then for dessert, a jar of Gerbers apple sauce!! LOL!!

I still get the munchies occasionally, but I've completely changed what I'd normally eat. Last night, for example, I had some chicharones (pig skins), string cheese (mozarella), and a dill pickle. WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!! And didn't feel like I was denying myself a yummy snack, yet I also did not feel the guilt I normally would have had after caving in to a snack attack!! In the past, I would have made a "run for the boarder", if you catch my drift.... It's still very early on for me after surgery (7 weeks), but just wanted you to know that it really does get easier!! And if you're creative with your food, it WILL get easier and easier!

Best of luck!!!!! ><'

Visit My WL Journal!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting weight: 7/01/2007; 235 lbs 33.7 BMI

Surgery weight: 8/13/2007; 224 lbs 32.1 BMI

Current weight: 9/30/2007; 208 lbs 29.8 BMI

Goal weight: May/1/2008; 159 lbs 22.8 BMI

No fills yet...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO VALERIE, I HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME REPLYING TO YOU AS I HAVE NOT HAD MY SURGERY YET, BUT HAVING READ ALL THE INFO GIVEN TO ME I BELIEVE THAT YOU SHOULD ONLY BE SIPPING FLUIDS FOR THE FIRST 2WKS POST OP. ANY THING THAT CAN BE SUCKED THROUGH A STRAW AND DEFINITLY NO FRUIT, NO FIZZY DRINKS OR CHEWING GUM AS THESE CAUSE GAS IN YOUR STOMACHE AND CAN MAKE YOUR BAND SLIP. 2-4WKS POST OP IT SHOULD BE PUREED SOFT FOODS LIKE VEG, MASHED POTATO, SOUPS SOFT PASTA, AVOIDING BREAD, MEAT, CHICKEN AND RICE FOR THE FIRST 3 MONTHS. MINCED MEAT IS ALLOWED. I'M NOT A DOCTOR OR A DIETICIAN BUT THIS IS THE SOME OF THE ADVISED INFO I HAVE BEEN GIVEN. I HOPE IT HELPS,

GOOD LUCK. FLATZ.