This band is strange

Guest marys

Guest marys

Hi, I'm still wondering if i need a fill or not - last two days it seemed like i could eat a horse - then today - seems pretty tight again. Its that 'time of month' so am waiting to see if my weight moves up or down after this week. I seem to be stuck at 170 which is 7 down from a fill on 1/14/06. I've gotten as low as 168 and am now bouncing back and forth between there and 172. It's frustrating. I like eating a variety of foods - hate to get anything stuck and rarely do that although it happens occassionally. any thoughts out there?

Hi, I was banded 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have too much pain, I cough a lot at night, i can't have anything even water without pain and everything gets stuck, the pain is unbelievable. The doctor seems not to take it seriously and other people do not respect the way I feel, did you feel like this at any moment?

:unsure:

Hi, I'm still wondering if i need a fill or not - last two days it seemed like i could eat a horse - then today - seems pretty tight again. Its that 'time of month' so am waiting to see if my weight moves up or down after this week.  I seem to be stuck at 170 which is 7 down from a fill on 1/14/06.  I've gotten as low as 168 and am now bouncing back and forth between there and 172.  It's frustrating.  I like eating a variety of foods - hate to get anything stuck and rarely do that although it happens occassionally.  any thoughts out there?

1962[/snapback]

Guest marys

Please call the Doctor again - ASAP - you should not being having that much/type of pain. I get things stuck once in awhile (sitting here right now in pain) so i can't imagine that regularly - it would be unbearable. let us know how things go.

Hi, I was banded 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have too much pain, I cough a lot at night, i can't have anything even water without pain and everything gets stuck, the pain is unbelievable. The doctor seems not to take it seriously and other people do not respect the way I feel, did you feel like this at any moment?

1963[/snapback]

marciemom, that is NOT normal. I am 9 days in and I feel fine - some gas pain, and a little discomfort. but not pain drinking water.

If your doctor won't help, see if you can get a second opinion.

Hello All,

I was banded 9 days ago on March 1st and just found this forum and joined today.

I don't seem to be having any problems other than persistant low-grade pain at the larger incision/port site.

My doctor has me on full liquids (yogurt, jello, pudding, cream soup and not much else besides water) for 4 weeks before I can start having puree. I did experience some pain early on after eating (well, drinking) but that is mostly gone now.

I was 427 lbs just before the surgery, with a BMI of 63. I dont have a scale to accurately weigh myself so I'm looking forward to my appt on the 15th when I have my staples removed and can be weighed again.

My biggest issue right now is that I walk around my house in a state of disbelief mumbling things like "what have I done?" and "I want my life back," but I think once I see the numbers on a scale go down it will all be a bit easier to swallow (pun intended :P )

Well, thanks for listening and if anyone can suggest anything I can eat besides the aforementioned products please let me know. I'm not sure I can stand another 3 weeks eating the same 4 things!!!

S.

Hello All,

I was banded 9 days ago on March 1st and just found this forum and joined today.

I don't seem to be having any problems other than persistant low-grade pain at the larger incision/port site.

My doctor has me on full liquids (yogurt, jello, pudding, cream soup and not much else besides water) for 4 weeks before I can start having puree.  I did experience some pain early on after eating (well, drinking) but that is mostly gone now.

I was 427 lbs just before the surgery, with a BMI of 63.  I dont have a scale to accurately weigh myself so I'm looking forward to my appt on the 15th when I have my staples removed and can be weighed again.

My biggest issue right now is that I walk around my house in a state of disbelief mumbling things like "what have I done?" and "I want my life back," but I think once I see the numbers on a scale go down it will all be a bit easier to swallow (pun intended  :P )

Well, thanks for listening and if anyone can suggest anything I can eat besides the aforementioned products please let me know.  I'm not sure I can stand another 3 weeks eating the same 4 things!!!

S.

1985[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

My name is divaone and I'll have my surgery in April 2006. Do you have any helpful tips to assist me in preparing myself. I really want this to be successful and I'm working hard on adjusting my mindset as to what full means. I'm anxious and nervous. I've gone to my local support group, but there are no banders in the group. I'm hoping to get feedback from you.

• 4 weeks later...

When I had my surgery 2 yrs ago thats how it was at first but I promise it gets better with time. You will need to adapt to change meaning chew very thoroughly and smaller bites. It will take time you will just have to adjust to the new way of eating. The results are so worth it!!

Hello All,

My doctor has me on full liquids (yogurt, jello, pudding, cream soup and not much else besides water) for 4 weeks before I can start having puree. I did experience some pain early on after eating (well, drinking) but that is mostly gone now.

I was 427 lbs just before the surgery, with a BMI of 63. I dont have a scale to accurately weigh myself so I'm looking forward to my appt on the 15th when I have my staples removed and can be weighed again.

My biggest issue right now is that I walk around my house in a state of disbelief mumbling things like "what have I done?" and "I want my life back," but I think once I see the numbers on a scale go down it will all be a bit easier to swallow (pun intended :P )

Well, thanks for listening and if anyone can suggest anything I can eat besides the aforementioned products please let me know. I'm not sure I can stand another 3 weeks eating the same 4 things!!!

S.

Hello All,

S.

I had popsickles and slim fasts at the point you are at and that helped a LOT