teenage lap band

:) Hey my name is

Katrina I am 15 years old. Me and my mama has been looking into this for a while now and well I am trying to get Lap Band done in June. I am 5'9'', almost 290 pounds it has just been a combination of things for why I am big. My mother is big and my father they are both big boned I no that I can never be small but if i could just loose weight i would be so HAPPY!!!!!!! I go through school ashamed of being the biggest person in the school!!!! I have been over weight since i was in elementry school. Now that I am older I would like to be healthy and fit in with all the other kids. I am a pretty girl just over weight and i am tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! i calculated how much I am over weight the other day and i am around 110 pounds over weight. I need some one who has had the surgery to talk to me i don't care if they are young or older then a teenager just someone please help me!!!!!! you can e-mail me at katrina1621@yahoo.com to make sure i get your message thank you bye.

Guest marys

Hi Katrina,

Welcome! You are a pretty amazing 15 year old to be thinking of taking this big step and I can understand you wanting to do this when you are young. I know I wish I could have done this when I was Much younger - I too was big in school and it is no fun - the teasing is the worst and I always tried to hide it by making jokes or being funny, but it hurt. If you go to Dr. Ortiz's website (www.obesitycontrol.com) you can read about other teens that had the lapband and even email them directly. The surgery is not too bad and you will probably recover quickly and without much troubles. For me, learning how to eat slow and chew well and figure out this band that can 'act strange' sometimes (i mean fickle about what foods and how much food it likes every day) has been the most challenging.

Good luck and keep us posted.

:) Hey my name is

Katrina I am 15 years old. Me and my mama has been looking into this for a while now and well I am trying to get Lap Band done in June. I am 5'9'', almost 290 pounds it has just been a combination of things for why I am big. My mother is big and my father they are both big boned I no that I can never be small but if i could just loose weight i would be so HAPPY!!!!!!! I go through school ashamed of being the biggest person in the school!!!! I have been over weight since i was in elementry school. Now that I am older I would like to be healthy and fit in with all the other kids. I am a pretty girl just over weight and i am tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! i calculated how much I am over weight the other day and i am around 110 pounds over weight. I need some one who has had the surgery to talk to me i don't care if they are young or older then a teenager just someone please help me!!!!!! you can e-mail me at katrina1621@yahoo.com to make sure i get your message thank you bye.

1999[/snapback]

Guest marys

ok, try this

go to www.obesitycontrolcenter.com and click on patient testimonials

there are two teens - one is Cassie and one is S Scott

Then I thought they had email addresses but i don't see them so write /email Caroyn who is the patient coordinator for Dr. Ortiz and

her address is: carolynobesitycontrolcenter-drortiz@yahoo.com

and ask her if she can hook you up with the two teens and you can tell her Mary S. gave you her email address!

Good luck - sorry this is some work but don't give up and write back with any problems etc and we will make it work!

Take care - Mary (just quick note from Lori - we can't give out email addresses but Cassie posts under Teens and you can send her a direct message from here!) Teens

hey it is me again i got on that website and i could not find were i could e-mail people if you could would you show me instructions on how to do so. bye

2008[/snapback]

Also try www.lapbandtalk.com That is another forum that also has teens there. I know there is a California teen there and her name is Kylie I think. I know there are others. Also, talk with Dr. Ortiz before the surgery and ask him to share your email and phone number with other teens he has or is banding.

I shared your email with a couple of my teenage friends at Lap Band talk. So maybe they will email you soon. Hope you don't mind.

:( BAD NEWS I CAN NOT HAVE THE SURGERY MY INSURINCE WILL NOT PAY FOR IT WE ARE STILL LOOKING INTO IT THOUGH.

Ummm, I think we assumed that because you are on this site (Dr. Ortiz forum) that you were self pay. It costs around $9,500 for the total package. Were you looking for insurance to cover it???