would you do it over again?

i am considering lap band- if you could go back in time- esp the folks that have had theirs for a while... would u do it again? Any parts that u regret?

I looked into lapbanding 5 years ago, I got cold feet back then, right at the last minute I chickened out. But I was banded by the OCC clinic in March 1st 2007 and I've kicked myself in the butt for not doing it 5 years ago. But its better late than never. Went down 20 lbs in the pre diet (started Jan 1st) and 50 lbs since being banded ( March 1st) for a total of 70 lbs. Just go for it and never look back.

I looked into lapbanding 5 years ago, I got cold feet back then, right at the last minute I chickened out. But I was banded by the OCC clinic in March 1st 2007 and I've kicked myself in the butt for not doing it 5 years ago. But its better late than never. Went down 20 lbs in the pre diet (started Jan 1st) and 50 lbs since being banded ( March 1st) for a total of 70 lbs. Just go for it and never look back.

WOULD I DO THIS AGAIN???

IN A HEARTBEAT

wOULD I DO IT AGAIN IN MEXICO??

IN A HEARTBEAT

i am considering lap band- if you could go back in time- esp the folks that have had theirs for a while... would u do it again? Any parts that u regret?

I'm going to have to say "DITTO" to your responses you have rec'd...I was banded Aug 20th, 2007 ... I had my first fill done at Dr. Ortiz's office this past Saturday....Dr. Ortiz's office is sparkling clean, the equipment is state of the art and I don't think I would have gotten such great care if I had done this surgery in the U.S. , sad to say but it is the truth. I am so glad that I did this and would do it again in a heartbeat. Good Luck. =D>

I would do it again without hesitation. And although money was a deciding factor in going to Dr. Ortiz, if I won the lottery tomorrow I would still go to him. The service and level of care I recieved there far exceeds anything I have ever experienced.

Sassy,

I am only banded three and a half weeks but know hundreds who have been banded in Mexico and a few in the US and know of no one who regrets it. I know several who did bypass and most regret it. Go for it. Remember it is just a tool for you to use as you wish and you are in control of how it works for you. Good luck! Cyndi

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to have to say "DITTO" to your responses you have rec'd...I was banded Aug 20th, 2007 ... I had my first fill done at Dr. Ortiz's office this past Saturday....Dr. Ortiz's office is sparkling clean, the equipment is state of the art and I don't think I would have gotten such great care if I had done this surgery in the U.S. , sad to say but it is the truth. I am so glad that I did this and would do it again in a heartbeat. Good Luck. =D>

SueQ, I had great care in the US. Wonderful people and so much compassion.