Hotels in Tijuana

Hey Everyone,

Leaving for TJ on Wednesday. I am getting excited. My hubby and I are going to make a vacation of it and stay a few extra days. I was shocked when I saw the weather report. I thought it was always hot there. So much for my plans. Anyway ... can anyone tell me about their experience at Dr. Ortiz's preferred hotel. They say it's a 5 star property. But is 5 star the same in Mexico as it is here in the U.S?

Lynn

Hey Everyone,

Leaving for TJ on Wednesday. I am getting excited. My hubby and I are going to make a vacation of it and stay a few extra days. I was shocked when I saw the weather report. I thought it was always hot there. So much for my plans. Anyway ... can anyone tell me about their experience at Dr. Ortiz's preferred hotel. They say it's a 5 star property. But is 5 star the same in Mexico as it is here in the U.S?

Lynn

No, The star rating is not the same as US. I would give it a 3 1/2 or 4 stars. But it is clean, beautiful lobby, good restraunt with good food, free internet and close to about everything. I did like the hotel. I say if you are going to make a vacation of it, why not splurge and see downtown San Diego? After the 3 days at the hotel/hospital, I think you would want to see other things.

No, The star rating is not the same as US. I would give it a 3 1/2 or 4 stars. But it is clean, beautiful lobby, good restraunt with good food, free internet and close to about everything. I did like the hotel. I say if you are going to make a vacation of it, why not splurge and see downtown San Diego? After the 3 days at the hotel/hospital, I think you would want to see other things.

Hey Jenna,

Another April bandster called me this afternoon to tell the hotel is very nice. Ditto someone else's post that the beds are hard! If that's the worst I have to contend with, I think I'll be fine. She said Dr. Ortiz's new facility is beautiful! She said it's all marble when you first walk in. I'm very excited now. We leave tomorrow morning and I get banded on Thursday. My husband and I probably will stay a couple of days in San Diego. May as well, I've never been before. Using Delta skymiles we weren't able to get a return flight out until Monday. It's cool though. Me and the hubby haven't been away for a while.

I'll post as soon as I can and let everyone know how it goes!

Lynn