Tomorrow is the Big Day!

Hello Everyone,

I am in TJ at the Lucerna Hotel planning for my surgery tomorrow with Dr. Ortiz. His new facility and staff are WONDERFUL! They even put my husband at ease! That's how great it is. So clean and bright. My experience has been very good so far. Now the hotel ... leaves a little to be desired. Not a 5 star by any stretch. Maybe a 3. The exterior and lobby are a lot nicer than the rooms. But it's clean, so we can deal with it.

I've met a couple other fellow bandsters who are having their surgery done. It's good to be able to see people in person. I'll keep everyone informed, especially you future bandits!

Lynn

Hello Everyone,

I am in TJ at the Lucerna Hotel planning for my surgery tomorrow with Dr. Ortiz. His new facility and staff are WONDERFUL! They even put my husband at ease! That's how great it is. So clean and bright. My experience has been very good so far. Now the hotel ... leaves a little to be desired. Not a 5 star by any stretch. Maybe a 3. The exterior and lobby are a lot nicer than the rooms. But it's clean, so we can deal with it.

I've met a couple other fellow bandsters who are having their surgery done. It's good to be able to see people in person. I'll keep everyone informed, especially you future bandits!

Lynn

Lynn, Best of Luck to you on your journey. I look forward to your updates and hearing about your diminishing form. I just made the decision, and will be one of your future bandits.

Hello Everyone,

Lynn

Good luck Lynn, I am being banded a week from tomorrow so I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Good luck Lynn, I am being banded a week from tomorrow so I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Hey Everyone,

The care here is UNBELIEVABLE! When you get to the airport, the driver will have a sheet of paper with your name on it. He'll be at baggage claim. I'm still really sleepy from the anestetia, plus I've had several bouts with dizziness. This is why I've just been released from the hospital. I stopped at the computer before I went back up to my room. Boo and Kim are here. Boo is right next door to me. Sending e-mails is allowing me to stay awake. The prep work was fine. They know how to put you at ease and you don't worry. I was bad and tried to have filet mignon as my "last supper" but fortunately for me it was really tough. So they sent me back a chicken club and french fries. That probably was better. and I drank my last COKE! It was great. The surgery wasn't really bad. I'm still pretty sore. The incision areas don't look bad at all. It does feel like you've been hit in the stomach though. You will be glad you did it. I am excited that I'm on the road to a new me. Can't to hear about yours, girl. I met a lady in the lobby who was coming back for a fill. She has lost 100lbs. She looks great! I'm feeling really sleepy again. Thanks for thinking of me. May God Bless all of you on your journey.

Lynn

Hey Everyone,

The care here is UNBELIEVABLE! When you get to the airport, the driver will have a sheet of paper with your name on it. He'll be at baggage claim. I'm still really sleepy from the anestetia, plus I've had several bouts with dizziness. This is why I've just been released from the hospital. I stopped at the computer before I went back up to my room. Boo and Kim are here. Boo is right next door to me. Sending e-mails is allowing me to stay awake. The prep work was fine. They know how to put you at ease and you don't worry. I was bad and tried to have filet mignon as my "last supper" but fortunately for me it was really tough. So they sent me back a chicken club and french fries. That probably was better. and I drank my last COKE! It was great. The surgery wasn't really bad. I'm still pretty sore. The incision areas don't look bad at all. It does feel like you've been hit in the stomach though. You will be glad you did it. I am excited that I'm on the road to a new me. Can't to hear about yours, girl. I met a lady in the lobby who was coming back for a fill. She has lost 100lbs. She looks great! I'm feeling really sleepy again. Thanks for thinking of me. May God Bless all of you on your journey.

Lynn

Dear Lynn,

I am so glad your surgery went well. I was banded a couple of days before you on April 4th and am home recovering. I have already lost 5 pounds!! I am quite sore in the abdomen. I described it the same way you did...it feels as if I have been hit in the stomach. Each day gets a little better though. Our trip was great and I found the staff at Dr. Ortiz's office to be so lovely. The only thing I wish was different is that the beds at Hotel Lucerna were a little softer. I like a firm mattress, but whew! Those beds are rock hard.

Good luck to you and those of you that have been banded recently or are scheduled to have it done soon. I will keep you posted on my progess and look forward to hearing about yours.

To those of you that have been worried about having surgery in Mexico...NO reason to worry. The hotel was very nice, Dr. Ortiz's office was VERY nice, the staff were wonderful and the surgery was so quick. I know it was a scary decision for me, but I would do it all over again without hesitation.

:D

Best of Luck!

Julia