tummy tucks

Tracey

I'm now at my goal weight and am considering where to go for my plastic surgery. I was thinging of going to someone in Mexico if the prices are better. I need a tummy tuck, breast lift and skin removed from my arms and thighs. I was wondering if anyone has used a Dr. in Mexico or knows someone that has. I thought Dr. Oriz was getting a plastic surgeon on his staff but I haven't seen anyone listed on the website. I would feel very comfortable going to someone that Dr. Oriz recommends.

I'm now at my goal weight and am considering where to go for my plastic surgery. I was thinging of going to someone in Mexico if the prices are better. I need a tummy tuck, breast lift and skin removed from my arms and thighs. I was wondering if anyone has used a Dr. in Mexico or knows someone that has. I thought Dr. Oriz was getting a plastic surgeon on his staff but I haven't seen anyone listed on the website. I would feel very comfortable going to someone that Dr. Oriz recommends.

I'm in the same boat as you. When I was due for a fill/check up at the OCC I made a appointment with Dr. Quiroz at the Cosmed Clinic for a consultation. Dr. Quiroz's clinic is about two blocks away from the Hotel Lucerna. So while I was in Tijuana I got the scoop on a lower body lift and a got my fill/check up. A two for one trip. LOL. The consultation with Dr. Quiroz is free if your a patient of Dr. Ortiz's. Dr. Quiroz comes highly recommended by several of Dr. Ortiz's patients. Go to www.cosmedclinic.com and look his website over. He has a toll free number and you can call it to make your appointment. Ask for Jenny, his surgical coordinator, tell her your a patient of Dr. Ortiz's. As far as I go, I went to a local plastic surgeon last week and I'm waiting to see how much its going to cost me here. I'm trying to get my insurance to pay for the plastic surgery. But, if I have to pay out of my pocket, I'm heading to Mexico and Dr. Quiroz. They say he's the best at lower body lifts and stuff like that. Also, he's buds with Dr. Ortiz. As far as Dr. Ortiz starting to offer plastic surgery services at the OCC, I haven't heard anything about that. I know the Dr. Romero is going to be a plastic surgeon someday, maybe he'll be the OCC plastic surgeon in the future??? We could only hope that would be the case.

Let us know what you find out about the cost. I am going to need a tummy tuck for sure and possibly a face lift, brest lift. Thanks

A lower body lift is more extensive than a tummy tuck. The prices depend on the individual. My lower body lift quote was close to $7000. I'll keep you posted on what my local American doctor hits me with. I think you can contact Dr. Quiroz and send in pictures of yourself and they can quote you that way. That is if your not going to be in TJ any time soon. But if your going to be at the OCC clinic for a fill or something else and have extra time, try getting a consult lined up while your there.

Curious....when you go to TJ for plastic surgery, what do they recommend if you have complications? I live on the east coast and that is one heck of a drive if you have a problem. I live in plastic surgery kingdom over here in Charlotte. But it is sooo expensive. I got quoted in June for $11,500 for just a tummy tuck and love handles. Then I still had to get a $400 compression garment custom fitted to me to wear after the surgery. I almost did it, but the cancellation they expected to have that following week went ahead and made her surgery.

Can't help but wonder what I would be like if I'd have had it?

Good luck with your choices.

Michele :)

Curious....when you go to TJ for plastic surgery, what do they recommend if you have complications? I live on the east coast and that is one heck of a drive if you have a problem. I live in plastic surgery kingdom over here in Charlotte. But it is sooo expensive. I got quoted in June for $11,500 for just a tummy tuck and love handles. Then I still had to get a $400 compression garment custom fitted to me to wear after the surgery. I almost did it, but the cancellation they expected to have that following week went ahead and made her surgery.

Can't help but wonder what I would be like if I'd have had it?

Good luck with your choices.

Michele :)

I was told by the Cosmed Clinic that you stay at the clinic over night after the surgery. The next 4 to 7 days you stay at the Lucerna, at your expense. They say if your going to have any complications its going to happen within the first 3 or 4 days. They do have an aftercare nurse and a home you can stay in if you want to pay for it. I can't remember how much more that would add to it. I think it was like $150 to $180 a day, compared to hanging at the Lucerna, which I think is around $89 a day. But they check on you if your at either. There are other hotels in TJ that are close to the Cosmed clinic that are cheaper, I think somewhere in the $50 a night range. I know after a lower body lift you have drainage tubes and bags. They stay in around 2 weeks. If you live far away, your in contact everyday with the clinic, reporting how much drainage you have. They will decide when the drainage tubes come out. From what I was told, you could go back to the clinic and have them remove the tubes or if you live far away, you can remove them yourself. I guess its not that big of a deal. I've heard from several OCC patients that have had their lifts at the Cosmed Clinic and did that on their own and didn't think anything about it. But you got to remember,, you chose Dr. Ortiz and the OCC clinic for your lapband and its in Mexico. So, WTF, if you want the guy who specializes in WLS plastic surgery, Dr. Quiroz is the guy. I'll keep the forum posted on what my local plastic surgeon comes up with as far as a price. I did find out one thing at my local consultation,,, insurance companies, if you get approved, only pay for a front tummy tuck. They won't pay for the complete lower lift, you have to make up the difference. We'll have to see what that will be,,, that could be scary. LOL

Hello,

Since the topic is tummy tucks and I just had mine I thought I'd reply. (For our Washington members)

I am a pt of Dr. Ortiz and love and respect him dearly; however I really did want to remain close to my family for this type of surgery. The lap band surgery takes under 15 minutes to complete. (With Dr O) My extended tummy tuck took over 6 hours.

I had mine in Washington State at a local Doctor that Pammie recommended. (Thanks Pammie)!! I actually had an extended tummy tuck with lippo on my back and sides for $8500. Dr. Nyte from Maple Valley, WA performed my surgery and he was wonderful. He has done many lap band pts and knows how to deal with our port area. I feel the same about Dr Nyte as I do about Dr Ortiz, he gave me a piece of my life back!

My incisions are just 2 inches apart on my back and go around my stomach and it has completely changed my shape. I just had my surgery last Thursday and I feel great 6 days out. It’s great to loose the weight, however if you have skin that hangs after your weight loss its hard to feel good about yourself.

We all have to make our own decisions about our health issues, and I have no problem going to Mexico for any of my medical needs if its with the best Doctors, and Dr. Ortiz is exactly that. I also know many people that have gone to Cosmo and love their experience and the results. My personal decision was just to stay close with this procedure and I'm thrilled with my results and the price. I cant wait till to put on a two piece bathing suit!!

Thanks,

Lisa

I would seriously consider going to Mexico to a Dr. who Dr. Ortiz recommends, but I would pay extra for the "in home" service and stay as long as they would let me, lol.

I plan so far on getting a breast lift and TT. But I still have 40 more pounds to lose so who knows what other excess skin is going to raise its ugly head :(

Hello,

Since the topic is tummy tucks and I just had mine I thought I'd reply. (For our Washington members)

I am a pt of Dr. Ortiz and love and respect him dearly; however I really did want to remain close to my family for this type of surgery. The lap band surgery takes under 15 minutes to complete. (With Dr O) My extended tummy tuck took over 6 hours.

I had mine in Washington State at a local Doctor that Pammie recommended. (Thanks Pammie)!! I actually had an extended tummy tuck with lippo on my back and sides for $8500. Dr. Nyte from Maple Valley, WA performed my surgery and he was wonderful. He has done many lap band pts and knows how to deal with our port area. I feel the same about Dr Nyte as I do about Dr Ortiz, he gave me a piece of my life back!

My incisions are just 2 inches apart on my back and go around my stomach and it has completely changed my shape. I just had my surgery last Thursday and I feel great 6 days out. It’s great to loose the weight, however if you have skin that hangs after your weight loss its hard to feel good about yourself.

We all have to make our own decisions about our health issues, and I have no problem going to Mexico for any of my medical needs if its with the best Doctors, and Dr. Ortiz is exactly that. I also know many people that have gone to Cosmo and love their experience and the results. My personal decision was just to stay close with this procedure and I'm thrilled with my results and the price. I cant wait till to put on a two piece bathing suit!!

Thanks,

Lisa

THAT'S GREAT LISA!!! ISN'T HE THE BEST? I FELT LIKE A PRINCESS AT THE NORTH BEND HOSPITAL HE USES. EVERYTHING WAS ALL ABOUT ME THE DAY OF SURGERY. I STILL NEED TO GO BACK FOR AFTER PICTURES UGH LOL BUT IT'S ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I DID FOR MYSELF BESIDES THE LAPBAND SURGERY. I'M NOW WEARING A SIZE 6 PANT, SOMETIMES A 4 IF MY THIGHS CAN TAKE IT LOL

JUST AN FYI, MY DRAIN TUBE WAS IN FOR 3 DAYS :)

A six, sometimes a four!! Great job!! Dr. Nyte and his staff are amazing, sweet and very supportive.

I'm so thrilled that I did this and can't thank you enough. I'm actually scheduling my breast augmentation for March of 08.

I just got into a size 10, and that’s with the ugly, thick and uncomfortable tummy wrap on!! My surgery was on Thursday and I had my drain removed on Monday – not fun. I hated it when it was removed – I accidentally yelped a really bad swear word when it came out…. Can’t imagine doing that myself!

I wish I could be at the get together – but I’ll be in Hawaii showing off my new and improved belly button!

Thanks again Pammie, I owe you a drink at the next get together!

Lisa

• 5 months later...
A six, sometimes a four!! Great job!! Dr. Nyte and his staff are amazing, sweet and very supportive.

I'm so thrilled that I did this and can't thank you enough. I'm actually scheduling my breast augmentation for March of 08.

I just got into a size 10, and that’s with the ugly, thick and uncomfortable tummy wrap on!! My surgery was on Thursday and I had my drain removed on Monday – not fun. I hated it when it was removed – I accidentally yelped a really bad swear word when it came out…. Can’t imagine doing that myself!

I wish I could be at the get together – but I’ll be in Hawaii showing off my new and improved belly button!

Thanks again Pammie, I owe you a drink at the next get together!

Lisa

I HAD MY ONE YEAR CHECKUP APPOINTMENT THIS AFTERNOON WITH DR. NYTE AND WILL POST A FEW PICTURES. THE SCAR THAT I HAVE LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! I COULDN’T BE ANY HAPPIER WITH WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. I HAVE A VERY SMALL “DOG EAR” ON MY LEFT SIDE THAT WILL BE FIXED WHEN I HAVE BREAST AUGMENTATION DONE THIS SUMMER. MY BOOBS AREN’T BAD ENOUGH FOR A LIFT, YET I HAVE MY GRANDFATHERS BARREL CHEST THAT HAS DRIVEN ME NUTS FOR YEAR. WITH A LITTLE IMPLANT, DR NYTE SAID IT’LL BE THAT LITTLE SOMETHING I’M LOOKING FOR. JUST LOOKING FOR A PERKIER ME WITH A LITTLE HELP :)

DR NYTE IS ALSO BUILDING HIS OWN SURGERY CENTER WHICH SHOULD BE OPEN THE END OF JULY. SO ALL SUGERIES WILL BE DONE IN THE OFFICE :)

Pammie, Your before pix of your belly look like my belly NOW!! I have that low down roll of fat that I've had since puberty.. God I hate this roll!! I'd love to get a tummy tuck and Boob lift [maybe small implant] some time next year.... I'm keeping Dr. Nytes in mind!! Awesome pix, your belly looks great!! ;) Darlene

• 2 months later...

Here is a picture of my tattoo over my tummy tuck scar. I had my tummy tuck over 6 years ago in Canada, and the scar never

faded. It was a dark brown, (probably from tanning to much) It took awhile to find a tattoo artist willing to tattoo over a scar.

I LOVE IT!!!

100_1915.jpg