4 Days Post Op

Hey Everyone,

It's hard to believe I am an official Bandster. I am 4 days post op and have no complaints. Things are fine. The gas pains in my chest are subsiding and other than soreness at the incisions, I have no real problems. Haven't been hungry and have lost 6 lbs so far. That's encouraging. Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Martinez and their staff are so awesome! The care was unbelievable. Much better than the U.S. I have an HMO and feel like I'm just another health record number to them. Dr. Oritz and his staff were genuinely concerned about my well-being. DEFINITELY recommend them to anyone considering getting banded.

Lynn

Hey Everyone,

It's hard to believe I am an official Bandster. I am 4 days post op and have no complaints. Things are fine. The gas pains in my chest are subsiding and other than soreness at the incisions, I have no real problems. Haven't been hungry and have lost 6 lbs so far. That's encouraging. Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Martinez and their staff are so awesome! The care was unbelievable. Much better than the U.S. I have an HMO and feel like I'm just another health record number to them. Dr. Oritz and his staff were genuinely concerned about my well-being. DEFINITELY recommend them to anyone considering getting banded.

Lynn

Lynn,

Good to hear you are doing well. My surgery is on Thursday moved up from Friday. I am starting to get a bit nervous. I am glad to hear your progress. Please keep us posted. I will post as soon as I am home.

Hey Everyone,

Lynn

HI LYNN ,MY NAME IS JAS .I WILL BE HAVING MY BAND PUT ON,ON THE 14TH AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG WERE YOU OUT OF IT?DID YOU WAKE RIGHT AWAY?AND DID THEY USE AN IV OR WHAT?THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAS.

HI LYNN ,MY NAME IS JAS .I WILL BE HAVING MY BAND PUT ON,ON THE 14TH AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW LONG WERE YOU OUT OF IT?DID YOU WAKE RIGHT AWAY?AND DID THEY USE AN IV OR WHAT?THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAS.

Hi Jas,

I was banded on April 4th. To answer you questions... They do put an IV in before surgery as well as giving youa couple of oral medications to calm you down. The surgery only takes about 20-25 minutes! The anesthetic that they use has you up and awake very quickly. I was on the phone with my dad in under 30 minutes. I did not have any bad side effects or nausea from the anesthetic.

Hope that helps!

-Julia

THANK YOU,I'M FEELING A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT BEING PUT TO SLEEP.I'M SURE IT WILL BE FINE AND ALL.JAS