Financing?

Hello everyone, I joined this forum in the summer but I don't think I ever really posted. I scheduled surgery then but had to cancel it for various reasons. Now I have a new surgery date: February 15.

I have to finance the surgery and was wondering how other people financed it -- did you use Citerra, eFinancing, Surgery Loans or something else? I have time to explore my options but I would just like to get an idea of others' experiences. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I joined this forum in the summer but I don't think I ever really posted. I scheduled surgery then but had to cancel it for various reasons. Now I have a new surgery date: February 15.

I have to finance the surgery and was wondering how other people financed it -- did you use Citerra, eFinancing, Surgery Loans or something else? I have time to explore my options but I would just like to get an idea of others' experiences. Thanks!

I called all those companies as well. Surgeryloans.com actually "bids out the loan" to other banks and comes back with several offers. All the offers were very consistent. I had one come in at 14.9% and everyone else was at 19.90%, They said the rates were so high becuase it is an unsecured loan and they have nothing to come and get if you do not pay it.

Now, when surgeryloans.com called me back and told me what my offers were, they had the 14.90% & the rest were 19.90%. I asked if they had any offers like 6 months no interest or somethign like that. They had a program, 6 months same as cash and I think there was a also a year version of that. So, that would save you a lot of money in the long run.

In the end, I spoke with my credit card company and they gave me 1 year at 4.99%, and then I would move to the normal rate of 10.99%. This worked out better for me.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

I called all those companies as well. Surgeryloans.com actually "bids out the loan" to other banks and comes back with several offers. All the offers were very consistent. I had one come in at 14.9% and everyone else was at 19.90%, They said the rates were so high becuase it is an unsecured loan and they have nothing to come and get if you do not pay it.

Now, when surgeryloans.com called me back and told me what my offers were, they had the 14.90% & the rest were 19.90%. I asked if they had any offers like 6 months no interest or somethign like that. They had a program, 6 months same as cash and I think there was a also a year version of that. So, that would save you a lot of money in the long run.

In the end, I spoke with my credit card company and they gave me 1 year at 4.99%, and then I would move to the normal rate of 10.99%. This worked out better for me.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Wow, those interest rates aren't impressive at all. Thanks for your insight, it is very helpful. Looks like I have lots of phone calls to make.