Is Cappuccino killing my Diet?

Since my surgery I do not have cokes of any kind anymore (recovering cokeaholic!!!!). Since the weather is starting to turn cold though I have started going to the gas station and getting a small cappuccino during the work week, but I do not finish the whole drink. I know this is a strange question, but are the cappuccinos killing my diet. I drink plenty of water, and that is pretty much all I drink except for beer or wine on the weekends. Just wondering if I need to lay off of them to get back on the weight loss track?

Since my surgery I do not have cokes of any kind anymore (recovering cokeaholic!!!!). Since the weather is starting to turn cold though I have started going to the gas station and getting a small cappuccino during the work week, but I do not finish the whole drink. I know this is a strange question, but are the cappuccinos killing my diet. I drink plenty of water, and that is pretty much all I drink except for beer or wine on the weekends. Just wondering if I need to lay off of them to get back on the weight loss track?

Cappuccino's are bad,,bad,,,bad,,, lots of sugar and fat. I remember reading somewhere that one of those big Starbucks cappuccinos are in the 1000 + calorie range. I know the people that are hard core Atkins Dieters say that they're a big no-no. Remember what Dr. Miranda said about high cal drinks.

Thanks Dolittle. I had forgotten that Dr. Miranda said those were a big no-no. Guess no more for me. I also wanted to tell you that I met you in the lobby of the hotel the morning of my surgery with my boyfriend. I don't know if you remember us or not, but you were a big help and eased our minds about our surgerys. Thanks for the help and pep talk.

A regular, full-fat one is going to kill your diet, but if you get one made with skim milk (you can foam any kind of milk -- I used to be a barista :)) and use sugar-free sweetener, as far as I know an occasional one should be OK.

I'm hugely disappointed to hear how bad the "gas station" cappuccino is for us. I haven't doubted that they probably have alot of sugar in them, but it has to be made with fat free dry milk. Have you ever seen them change the drink mix in one of those machines? It's all powder product mixed with hot water. I'm a little confused why they can be so bad for us. -- Other than the sugar. I guess the reason I'm posting this is because not only was I a diet coke junkie, but I'm a cappuccino junkie too. Now learn that I must give up my favorite coffee drink too? Hmmm! No wonder I'm not losing any weight. <_<

You can go to Starbucks and order a fat free, sugar free latte; not as creamy as whole milk, but you can get used to it. The machine stuff will kill you though. The beer on the weekends will also kill your diet, plus the bubbles are not good for your band.

I guess it is just a little frustrating because I no longer drink cokes, we are not suppose to drink juice, and the flavored water is getting a little old. And on top of it all I can't drink beer or cappaccinos. WHAT THE HECK CAN I DRINK THEN???? :-? I am really starting to get very irritated with this band. And I guess I have to go get another fill because I have no restriction what so ever.

I am really starting to get very irritated with this band.

Your band has nothing to do with what you drink, nor does it have any power over what you drink. Your frustration is coming from the limits of your diet. But then, no one said it would be easy.

You can go to Starbucks and order a fat free, sugar free latte; not as creamy as whole milk, but you can get used to it. The machine stuff will kill you though. The beer on the weekends will also kill your diet, plus the bubbles are not good for your band.

Hey Snowbird, Thanks for the advice, but I refuse to pay Starbucks price for a latte. I guess I'll just have to stop the "gas station" cappucinno at least until I've dropped more weight.

Hey Snowbird, Thanks for the advice, but I refuse to pay Starbucks price for a latte. I guess I'll just have to stop the "gas station" cappucinno at least until I've dropped more weight.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I usually just make regular coffee with liquid flavored creamer--sugarfree, if I can find it. Unfortunately, losing weight, either with a band or without it, means telling yourself "no" a whole lot. On the plus side, (or rather minus side) I fit into a pair of size 10 jeans the other day! I think they were mis-marked, but I bought them anyway just so I could claim I had a size 10 butt.

Try other local latte stands, alot of them will do fat free sugar free drinks and they don't charge starbucks prices. Cheers!