anyone else in FEBUARY??

I will be getting my surgery feb 8th and they said I was the last spot so it sounds like a full house =D>

Stacy

Congrats girl, I am getting mine Feb 6...nervous or excited? I know I'm both

Janet

Congrats girl, I am getting mine Feb 6...nervous or excited? I know I'm both

Janet

At first terrified... but now I am getting excited.. I just told my first friends I was going to mexico for the surgery and got the :blink: look

But there were very supportive.. The pre op is what will be hard for me.So is your surgery the 6th?? or do you arrive then?? How are you doing on your pre op?? We arrive on the 7th.

Stacy

HELLO, I HAVE MY SURGERY DATE MARCH 25th AND I'M ALSO EXCITED AND NERVOUS. I'M MORE NERVOUS ABOUT THE TRIP THAN THE SURGERY. I DECIDED NOT TO TELL ANYONE [bUT HUSBAND AND GROWN DAUGHTER] THAT I'M HAVING IT DONE. I DIDN'T WANT THE LOOKS EITHER :blink: AND DO NOT NEED THE HASSLE OF EXPLAINING THAT I'VE RESEARCHED THIS AND AM SATISFIED THAT I'M MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH IN FEB., WISH I COULD HAVE MINE SOONER.... WAITING FOR INCOME TAX. BEST WISHES, DARLENE

At first terrified... but now I am getting excited.. I just told my first friends I was going to mexico for the surgery and got the :blink: look

But there were very supportive.. The pre op is what will be hard for me.So is your surgery the 6th?? or do you arrive then?? How are you doing on your pre op?? We arrive on the 7th.

Stacy

Thanks Darlene!! I wish you all the best too.. I have 2 weeks to go and I have been reading ALL the posts..Lots of good info and some that makes me worry I am sure it will all be okay.I saw myself in a mirror at the store and normally I think ..Oh my gosh how terrible.. now I thought.. well I wont be like this much longer =D> I am excited!!

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT SEEING YOUR REFLECTION.... I CRINGE EVERY TIME!! I WON'T LOOK IN A FULL LENGTH MIRROR, I CAN BARELY STAND TO LOOK AT MYSELF FROM THE NECK UP!! I'M SURE EVERYTHING WILL GO FINE, I'M REALLY NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE SURGERY, I USUALLY DO PRETTY WELL. I THINK I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE PRE-OP DIET!!! LOL!! I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS TIME NEXT YEAR WHEN I WON'T BE DISCUSTED WITH MYSELF. :rolleyes:

That is great that you're going to do it! I just got back from Tijuana yesterday & had the best time! Everyone there at the center is wonderful, the procedure is a breeze, & the hotel was excellent!

My family had misgivings as well. I didn't want to tell them either, but I thought since they were watching my daughter for 4 days I'd better give them an explanation. But, nothing bad happened there..it was a wonderful experience. I met a bunch of bansters before surgery & we all hung out for the rest of the trip. We exchanged numbers & it's been great moral support! We plan on setting up our 6 weeks for the same day so we can make a fun trip out of it.

The other women I met there were so nice...including their supporters. One woman brought her mother, who was the sweetest lady...she walked from room to room to check on all of us during our stay in the clinic.

My ex-husband was my support system & if he wasn't there for the trip, I would've been fine with the rest of the newbies there!

Besides the personal attention & caring staff, the people that you meet, who are going through the same thing, make it such a positive experience. You won't regret it. This is the best decision I've made for myself & it only confirms that 2008 is my year!

Good Luck & have the best time ever!!

Kilani

I will be getting my surgery feb 8th and they said I was the last spot so it sounds like a full house =D>

Stacy

They are filling up fast! That's what Carolyn told me when I called her on the 7th. I told her I wanted it done ASAP & she said she had an opening for MLK wknd...so, in 11 days I was there!!

You will love yourself for making that decision!

Good luck!

Kilani

Hi Stacy

As of right now I am scheduled for Feb 8th.... just trying to get all the ducks in a row.. kids, job, etc.. ><'

Kilani,

Wow I am soo glad you had such a wonderful experience..Is there anything you recommend takeing??I know gas-x but that is about it.Did you do any shopping??I love to shop so I would love to be able too.

Jaime,

Well my dear it looks like we have the same date!!Same new beginning!! All my ducks are in a row and I am all ready.Are you also arriving on the 7th??

Stacy

Kilani,

Wow I am soo glad you had such a wonderful experience..Is there anything you recommend takeing??I know gas-x but that is about it.Did you do any shopping??I love to shop so I would love to be able too.

Well, the only thing I can think of that might come in handy is access to the foreign currency conversion rates! LOL You might be a little stunned when they hand you a bill for soup & it says $100! Just remember that the conversion rate for pesos right now is about 10.7 per US dollar. They do have the USD total on the receipt, but it's way down at the bottom of it. Just so you're prepared for that. Some people don't think that it's another country because they're so close to the border & it's easy to forget where you are! *giggles*

And, if you plan on shopping some extra cash might help. One of the girls went shopping by the "Arch" & came back with a nice (I think it was Prada) purse for $50..& a bunch of jewelry. The only thing someone mentioned was that when you buy jewelry you should look for the eagle stamped on it..I guess that branding is not on the cheap knock-offs. And if you are paying cash...the conversion table & calculator for change will be very handy! LOL My blackberry came in handy a few times. :lol:

Gas X is probably the most important thing you'll want to take. You'll feel discomfort for the first few days from the gas. Apparently, when they do surgery, they put gas in us so they can do what they need to do. So, if your shoulder starts to hurt, don't worry, it's just the gas trying to excape from the highest point in your body. Many people have reported this discomfort, but it's apparently a normal reaction to the effects of surgery.

Good luck!!

Malama pono,

Kilani

><' MeMeMeMe -FEB 27th - I am getting this done just a few months before my husband gets home from his second tour in Iraq - I have no illusions of being thin when he steps off the plane. I only want to get on my way and do all my healing and resting up before I hold him again :) I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our journey - Hang on folks - life as we know it is about to change for the best!

Hi Stacy,

I'll be getting the band on Feb. 1st. I'm nervous of course but there is this driving force that is pushing me to not back out. How are you feeling about it? The best to you!!! Let me know how you are doing....

Joelle

I'm going to be there on the 14th - Happy Valentines Day to me! I get banded on the 15th. I'd love to meet up with anyone else who will be there for a drink -- haha!

I'm going by myself - husband home with kids. I'm hoping to get some shopping in too. Anyone else?

Peace,

Maggie

Hi Debbied

We're being banded on the same day .See you by the pool!

How the prop diet going?

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

It is only now that it started hitting me that this is really happening in a week. I am excited and anxious at the same time. I am going on my own, my husband offered but I courageously declined.

I don't know if I will have enough energy to go to the pool after this...

Look forward to meeting you.

Hi Girls

Yes, this is pretty scary stuff but exciting too. I can't wait for this lapband help me make the right choices.

I maybe traveling by myself also as my hubbie has to herd our six kids.A friend said she will try and come with me depending on a birth of a family baby. I sometimes think its better to travel alone, so if I'm in discomfort I won't want to "entertain" however it would also be nice to have the support. Either way I'm coming!!!

How is the pre-op diet going????

What time do you get in on the 10th Debbie and what time do you leave Stacy?

I was thinking the pool before surgery!

Nicole

Hi,

thanks for your comments. My husband is a great guy, great friend, supportive, but I believe I will feel better with people like myself, getting the procedure done. Other than my husband, I don't want to share with people because I don't want to start getting dismissed and etc.