Ready to start pre-op diet

OK everyone, here I am, surgery scheduled for Feb 6. How strong will I feel on Saturday if my surgery is Wednesday? Any help? Thanks!

JGirl good luck and you should feel great. I only had a hard time the 1st 2 days after that it felt good not to eat so much :rolleyes: Keep us posted!

I am right here with ya starting my pre op!! I am getting ready to go grab my slim fast... let me tell ya those things taste alot better than they did 8 years ago :rolleyes: .. Do you have some fiber pills too?? I got some this weekend to help with feeling fuller...Good luck!!I will be arriving when you will be getting ready to go home.. I wish you all the best!!

Stacy B)

OK everyone, here I am, surgery scheduled for Feb 6. How strong will I feel on Saturday if my surgery is Wednesday? Any help? Thanks!

Dear J girl,

I felt great coming home on Saturday, I had my surgery on Thursday. Take some gasX strips for the discomfort and you should be fine. I went shopping on friday after getting back to the hotel and was fine, but got a little bit tired after a few hours. You might be a little uncomfortable, but it is pretty minor. Good Luck.

Donna

I just got back from Tijuana yesterday.

You will be fine. Some people handle it better than others. I am still getting some discomfort with the port area & the lack of eating because of the clear liquid diet post-op...but nothing I won't get used to.

They gave us little blue disolving pain killers & those actually worked wonders. I was not aware that there were only 4 of them in the box. So, since I've been rationing them since Friday...I've been in more discomfort than I should be. One of the other bansters told me I could purchase more of them at the pharmacy, which is about a block from the Lucerna (if that's where you are staying). Otherwise, you could probably ask the receptionist when she hands them to you.

Mrs. Ortiz will also tell you where things are as she is taking you to & from the center. Feel free to ask her, she is the sweetest little thing! :lol:

Good Luck & have fun!

Kilani ><'

Do you have something planned for Saturday? You will feel okay but sore if you twist or turn. I've had the flu this week and I would trade 3 days post op in a heartbeat for this! You may be a bit tired, but we had a 10 hour trip home and were fatigued but not exhausted by the time we got home.

I only took one of the post op pain pills they gave us, and took that only because I was afraid it might hurt, not because it actually did hurt. I still have the other three. Some people have a lot more pain, but many do not.

><' Wow - I walked in my closent and for the first time said " it is not a matter of IF I lose weight I will buy some new things to wear but WHEN. I am scheduled for surgery Feb 27th and trying my best to learn from you pro's. I eat pretty healthy as it is (I just eat a lot of it) but would like to try and incorporate some of that into pre-post op diet. Anyone use herbs fused in their broth i.e. lemon grass or ginger. What about supplements (liquid or ground up) then added. Mainly concerned about getting enough nutrients especially protein. Any tips on preparing for surgery - things to stock up on before hand? Thanks and look forward to sharing our journey.

Do you have something planned for Saturday? You will feel okay but sore if you twist or turn. I've had the flu this week and I would trade 3 days post op in a heartbeat for this! You may be a bit tired, but we had a 10 hour trip home and were fatigued but not exhausted by the time we got home.

I only took one of the post op pain pills they gave us, and took that only because I was afraid it might hurt, not because it actually did hurt. I still have the other three. Some people have a lot more pain, but many do not.

Thanks for asking!! It was hard at first and when my brother in law <_< brought over a pizza the first week I pouted and went upstairs like a lil a lil kid..But now I am doing great down 8 lbs and have learned that I am actually not craving the old things now and dont want them. I love my veggies and if I dont want a lean cuisine I bake a chicken breast and toss it in with my bowl of veggies and I am a happy camper.I got fiber pills to help me feel full but I only took them the 1st week the 2nd week i didnt need them.I wish you all the best on beginning your journey!!

><' Stacy

Hi

I've lost 10lbs in one week and can't believe I haven't wanted to cheat. I lie! I licked a piece of garlic toast and felt so guilty I went straight to bed away from the Kitchen,however the next day I actually could make cakes with my kids and it didn't faze me. If only I could have been this disaplined before. Only 10 days to go until banding I am SOOO excited.

Nicole