pre op weight loss

My doctor requires me to loose 10% of your excess body weight before the surgery so that the band will fit better. I have to loose 9 lbs.in 2 weeks Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks

Optifast 800 - Protein shakes plus a lot of water. Good luck

My doctor requires me to loose 10% of your excess body weight before the surgery so that the band will fit better. I have to loose 9 lbs.in 2 weeks Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks

Hi, I was told by Dr. Miranda to only have a lean cuisine for lunch and a protein shake for breakfast and dinner. I could have as much veggies as I wanted though. Also, if you drink soda...STOP! I found out that once I decided to totally stop drinking soda, the weight seemed to fall off faster. Weird, but true. I haven't had even a sip of soda since the night before banding...yes, I had a diet coke at a TJ restaurant with my last meal the evening before my surgery. Only drank about half the glass though. ;) Probably will never touch the stuff again since I want to continue losing weight and also to protect my band. :) Really don't miss it either...only dream about it...LOL I was supposed to lose as close to 36lbs. as possible before my surgery date. I lost 23 and Dr. Miranda was really happy about that because she says that most people struggle and don't lose what she wants them to lose. It is really hard, but all you can do is make the best effort possible.

Good luck.

Peace,

Judy