Feb 11 banding

my name is , Staci with an I ...i also will be having the procedure doen feb. 8,2008...sure we will meet there:) i just discovered the lap band on monday while watchin oprah & so off i go.... :o

I am febuary 8th... are you coming in on the 10th?? If so I can say Hi!!

Stacy

You two are too cute :rolleyes:

Have great fun !!!

I was wondering how all your surgeries went on Feb 8, 10 and 11th. Please do post your experiences when you come back. I am excited for you all! I am having mine of 2-27... I'm a bit nervous, a bit scared but really excited!!!!!! I booked my surgery date with Carolyn and my flight just a few hours ago.

I would love to read all about your experiences!

Anyone else having their surgery on the 27th?

I was wondering how all your surgeries went on Feb 8, 10 and 11th. Please do post your experiences when you come back. I am excited for you all! I am having mine of 2-27... I'm a bit nervous, a bit scared but really excited!!!!!! I booked my surgery date with Carolyn and my flight just a few hours ago.

I would love to read all about your experiences!

Anyone else having their surgery on the 27th?

I had my surgery on the 4th. My experience with the clinic was wonderful. Everyone was extremely nice and conforting. I was so nervous, scared, and excited as well, and after they had the IV in and I was in my room, I wanted to cry and freak out. ( I have major anxiety problems) I was doing my best to hold it together, but Dr Acosta came in and could see I was really upset. He talked to me and had the nurses give me something to help me relax more. He stayed in my room for a while and then checked on me frequently until it was my turn to have surgery. The anestiaologist(sorry..bad spelling) also came in to see me, and they both talked with me to help me relax. The nurses held my hand and told me everything would be fine. One was Carmen and I didn't get the name of the other, but they were both very sweet and comforting. Dr Ortiz came in and chatted with me also. Then, it was my turn and they took me in the operating room and the next thing I know, I was back in my bed in my room and I was all done. Everyone there is so nice and attentive, I honestly think that had I been in the US, I would not have been treated as well as I was there. On the second day, I was having pain in my left chest area, I called Dr Martinez at about 5 in the morning.

He seemed instantly awake and attentive. He had me come in to the clinic at 9 to see Dr. Romero. He was also incredably wonderful. He listened to make sure my lungs were clear and took a look at my band under floroscopy to make sure it was fine. I got to see my band in place and when I drank the barium drink, I could see it go right through my band.. It was cool to see. The pain I was experiencing is from the gas still. so, lots of walking and breathing excersises. After that I was leavng to fly home. I still have some pain in the upper left chest shoulder area, not as bad as before though. Still doing breathing excersises and walk, walk, walk. I'm am very glad that I chose Dr. Ortiz and OCC to do my surgery. The entire staff there is wonderful. My mom went with me and was also very impressed with how well I was treated.

The staff at the Lucerna hotel is also very nice and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful. The room was comfortable, we were on the 6th floor overlooking the pool and had a small patio that we went out on in the morning and evening time. It was in all a great experience, and I'm glad I did it.

Hi I'm leaving in the morning to come to TJ.I have everything packed I think!! Gas x, scrubby on a stick to ease showering ,throat lozengers, chap stick,flip flops and books.Can anyone think of anything else????

My hubbie keeps asking if I'm nervous, however I'm actually not.More excited to have this tool to help acheive a healthier life style. See all you guys there.

Nicole

Hey Nicole,

I'm leaving for surgery on the 14th, and have been making my 'to bring' list.

To add to your list, you might want to bring a travel mug and a few bags of your favorite tea. This will be great for middle of the night, and especially the flight home.

Good Luck on your journey, and if you have time, we'd love to hear about your travels and experiences.

Much peace,

Maggie