Anxious about what is going on

Hi Everyone. I got my lapband approximately three weeks ago andas of yesterday, I am feeling zero restriction. I am still playing by the rules.............only straw worthy food until this Sunday; however, I am now becoming hungry and if I let myself, I could eat the same amount of soup as I did prior to the procedure. I have also pretty much reached a plateau when it comes to the weight loss. Has anyone ever obtained a fill prior to six weeks post surgery? I am very anxious (and a bit paranoid) that something is wrong. If I am able to eat the same amount of food as before, did my band slip/is there too much stomach left above it? How would I even know if that happened? Someone Pass the Prozac Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and throw in a couple of Valium.

Hi Everyone. I got my lapband approximately three weeks ago andas of yesterday, I am feeling zero restriction. I am still playing by the rules.............only straw worthy food until this Sunday; however, I am now becoming hungry and if I let myself, I could eat the same amount of soup as I did prior to the procedure. I have also pretty much reached a plateau when it comes to the weight loss. Has anyone ever obtained a fill prior to six weeks post surgery? I am very anxious (and a bit paranoid) that something is wrong. If I am able to eat the same amount of food as before, did my band slip/is there too much stomach left above it? How would I even know if that happened? Someone Pass the Prozac Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and throw in a couple of Valium.

This is 100% normal. SOME people feel restriction before their first fill, but not many. Your body is still healing. You HAVE had surgery :) Just hold tight - things get better. You might even take more than 1-3 fills before you find your "sweet spot". Don't be in a rush, your time will come :)

Everyone goes through this,, Just relax,, enjoy the freedom of not having any restriction. Take this time to heal and lock that band in place. Get that first fill and give the band some time to do its thing. With the proper fill, the band will restrict you from eating large portions. Remember,, its a tool,, it will work if you want it to!

Today was my 22nd day, so I was able to start eating solids. It's been a week since I lost anything, but I think alot of it had to do with our monthly friend! I am not too hard on myself. I spoke to another one of the bandsters that was there that day & he also plateaued at about 12-15lbs loss last week. It's normal I'm sure...but now that I am back to eating solids, I am not going to torture myself by weighing myself every day.

Just keep in mind that we had surgery & our bodies needed time to heal. Once the swelling goes down, we are able to take in more liquids until we have our first fills.

My biggest thing with eating now is following their directions. The quantity is not a problem, it's the pace & chewing requirements. I was mentally hungry & couldn't wait to taste my food, but I ate it too fast...& it got stuck! LOL I think the hardest part in this all will be the mental addiction to food...& how I've been eating when I'm hungry. We did the easy part...now the rest is up to us!

Good luck!

Kilani