Help any tips?

Hi,

I am scheduled for surgery next week. If any of you could give me your biggest piece of post op advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am scheduled with Dr. Ortiz. I hope you all have heard good things? thanks, t

Best thing I've ever done for me, and for my family. Dr. Ortiz has to be the best in the world! I was a 'fraidy-cat", but the surgery and the recovery was virtually a non-event. I flew home cross-country on Saturday, then drove my Tahoe 95 miles from the airport. I couldn't even get any sympathy, I felt so good.

I didn't even miss any work....

You'll be on Jello and fruit juices and such for a few days...you'll get impatient a little bit. But in the couple of weeks before solid foods you'll probably lost 12-15 pounds. Take you chewable vitamins (I started with Flintstones, 2 a day, then moved to Centrum Silver chewables. I'm still with them)

Good luck

Arnold

Hi,

I am scheduled for surgery next week. If any of you could give me your biggest piece of post op advice I would greatly appreciate it. I am scheduled with Dr. Ortiz. I hope you all have heard good things? thanks, t

Hey Tina,

Take some Gas-X strips with you. They work wonders on the gas pains! You will love Dr. Ortiz - he is so awesome. Not to mention he is real easy on the eyes!!!!! :D

Hi,

I just got banded on 4/8/06 and it was a lot more simple than I thought. The next day I was running around town with my husband. There's a little bit of sore, but that's it. I never even had to use the pain pills that they prescribed me. Good luck.

Tammy

Hi,

Just follow the directions given to you by Dr. Ortiz and staff and you'll be fine! I did and didn't even have all the gas that people talk about. A little soreness for a few days, but was sleeping on my tummy the second night after surgery .... Good luck!

Hi - I was just banded last week. The only thing I have to add is that it was very helpful for me to clean out my cabinets and fridge before I started my pre-op diet. That way I didn't have any temptation. Of course, I'm single and have no children so I don't have to stock a pantry for others. I also purchased a little hand held blender at Wal-Mart for about $10 which is fabulous for post-op full liquids... you can blend up chicken noodle soup and such and sip it. I'd recommend you have a variety of liquids in your fridge so when you come home post-op you dont' have to go shopping for broth or Gatorade. Good luck!