Protein post-op lapband?

:unsure: Hey everyone- I was wondering what everyone was doing for that extra protein since lapband people have to have 50-60 grams of protein everyday. Are shakes with a scoop of whey protein the only option to get that much protein daily? #-o Any ideas would be great!!! Thanks!! Sofi

I have yet to be banded (Only 12 days to go) but whenever I need extra protein I always use egg whites! You can drink them raw without issues (think egg nog) they are super high in protein and super low in calories, if you are still on the liquid diet you can just add 1/2 cup to the shakes you are already drinking for 18 grams of protein and only 60 calories and the best part is there is no taste so whatever you add it to (protein shake, soup, or juice) tastes the same!

P.S. You can always crack the eggs yourself but I much prefer using the pre-packaged 100% egg whites that come in the pint sized cartons, it's the easiest and quickest way!

:unsure: Hey everyone- I was wondering what everyone was doing for that extra protein since lapband people have to have 50-60 grams of protein everyday. Are shakes with a scoop of whey protein the only option to get that much protein daily? #-o Any ideas would be great!!! Thanks!! Sofi

I just found some rice protein powder at Wild Oats today...and it has no taste...you can add it to anything. It has 12g per tablespoon...and 55 calories.

I use medifast shakes...they are delicious, easy to mix with water and 15G protein per shake

thanks so much for the advice! i have a few things to fnish up before i schedule my surgery, but i am trying to get prepared and find out as much as i can about anything and everythingbefore the big day. :-? so anyways, the best of luck to you in your surgery and though your new journey!!

thanks so much for the advice! i have a few things to fnish up before i schedule my surgery, but i am trying to get prepared and find out as much as i can about anything and everythingbefore the big day. :-? so anyways, the best of luck to you in your surgery and though your new journey!!

Also try the Special K water...that is what I have been doing and it works great!

Stacy

Also try the Special K water...that is what I have been doing and it works great!

Stacy

I tried that water...I thought it had the worst after taste! Are you drinking the ready made or the drop ins? Mine was the ready made...maybe the others are better. :)

I tried that water...I thought it had the worst after taste! Are you drinking the ready made or the drop ins? Mine was the ready made...maybe the others are better. :)

try adding a little pomegranete juice to it