Exercise & the band

Is all exercise safe? What I mean is am I at a higher risk of slippage with certain exercises like stomach crunches or certain types of vigorous exercise? Getting banded March 4th and soooooo looking forward to it!! Tired of being described as "the girl with the pretty face" :) Although I take that as a compliment I can never shake the implication.

Exercise Guidelines

Get Moving!

Incorporating regular physical activity into your daily routine is as important as your nutrition plan.

Often patients have been sedentary due to decreased activity tolerance, psychological constraints, and in some cases, physical disabilities.

After LAP-BAND System surgery, aerobic activities -- particularly walking and swimming -- are generally best tolerated.

Consult our surgeon and weight management team to find out which activity is right for you.

Is all exercise safe? What I mean is am I at a higher risk of slippage with certain exercises like stomach crunches or certain types of vigorous exercise? Getting banded March 4th and soooooo looking forward to it!! Tired of being described as "the girl with the pretty face" :) Although I take that as a compliment I can never shake the implication.

just banded on 2/18 and was told no stomach exercises for 3 months and no real exercise except walking for 3 weeks. I do not think swimming with the glue on the stitches would be good right now but i walked a mile 4 days after surgery! Good luck! ><'

Love that "girl with pretty face" I had a client tell me I was too pretty to be fat..... God bless stupid people!!!

:) Now we'll be the great bods, with pretty faces.......

Yeah I can't wait!! I went window shopping for all of the clothes I'll finally be able to fit into :)