I need some opinions...

I was reading on a forum about people that are on Zoloft having SEVERE trouble with acid reflux after they were banded. Has anyone had any experience with this or know of anyone who has?

My other question is if anyone was able to get off their anti-depressant (of any kind) after they had the lap band surgery and began losing weight? I am on 2 antidepressants and birth control (for PCOS) and my hopes are that a few months after my band is in that I will be able to get off of ALL 3!!

Thanks for all comments! =D>

I was reading on a forum about people that are on Zoloft having SEVERE trouble with acid reflux after they were banded. Has anyone had any experience with this or know of anyone who has?

My other question is if anyone was able to get off their anti-depressant (of any kind) after they had the lap band surgery and began losing weight? I am on 2 antidepressants and birth control (for PCOS) and my hopes are that a few months after my band is in that I will be able to get off of ALL 3!!

Thanks for all comments! =D>

HELLO WANTOLIVEAGAIN,

I'M ALSO ON ZOLOFT AND HOPE AFTER I'M BANDED TO GO OFF OF IT. I'M GOING TO WAIT UNTIL AROUND AUGUST AND TALK TO MY DOC ABOUT WEENING DOWN MY DOSE. I DID NOT HEAR OF ANYONE TAKING ZOLOFT HAVING TROUBLE WITH REFLUX AFTER THEY WERE BANDED.... I WONDER IF THEY HAD THE PROBLEM BEFORE THEY WERE BANDED??? :-?

I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH REFUX, HEARTBURN OR INDIGESTION [THANK GOD!!] SO HOPEFULLY I WON'T AFTER BANDING. DARLENE

i am on zoloft and my surgery date is set. when you fill out all the papers for the occ you have to list the medications you are on.... no one called me back re: me taking zoloft so id imagine it will be ok. i think a lof of that has to do with what you eat, and how fast you eat it from what i have been reading