I am getting banded on June 9th...

:) ...Hello There....I am getting banded on June 9th, with Dr. Ortiz in TJ....does anyone else out there have this date scheduled? I AM SO SO SO EXCITED...I CANT WAIT!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

Hey CutieCathy, I don't have a date yet and am not sure if this is the route that I am going to take. But I have been seariously thinking about it and Dr. Ortiz in TJ is who I am looking at. I am just now starting to do my research if you can provide me with any information I would be eternally greatful.

Hey CutieCathy, I don't have a date yet and am not sure if this is the route that I am going to take. But I have been seariously thinking about it and Dr. Ortiz in TJ is who I am looking at. I am just now starting to do my research if you can provide me with any information I would be eternally greatful.

Hey There Sony;

Well I have done an aweful lot of research for over the last year and a half...I can try and tell you what I do know in a nutshell....lol...I started out wanting to have plastic surgery to loose weight...however...after going to 5 different surgeons...I only found one Dr. that I really and truely thought was sincere and I apprecaited his honesty...and he also was NOT in it for the money aspect...he was the Dr. who told me about the lap band procedure...I myself, had never even heard of a Lap Band....so he explained to me how this procedure would not just be a "QUICK FIX" and that in the long run it would be so so so much more beneficial for my overall health....I am 5'4" and 215#, I have had high blood pressure since my last child 9 plus years ago..and I am also borderline Diabetic...he told me with this procedure that I most likely would not be borderline diabetic anymore and also he said he would bet me that I would not be on any blood pressure meds either anymore....so anyhow...he handed me this stack of paperwork, telling me more about the procedure and also a paper with some local places that had seminars in regards to the Lap Band...the next day I decided to make an appointment to go to the next seminar...which was three weeks away...so in that time frame I went online and read everything I possibly could about the Lap Band....I sent away for any information i could get my hands on in regards to it also...EVERY TIME I read...every bit of literature i received...one name kept coming up...DR. ORTIZ....well...I finally went to the seminar, which was very informative...The Dr. that spoke at this seminar was also a Bandster himself...so he told of his own personal experiences with it....good and bad...and the good farmore outweighed the bad...he also had past, present, and future patients there also that talked about what they had learned and about their experiences, which almost all were very positive....they also explained the difference between the Gastric Bypass and the Lap Band...the Gastric Bypass...SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!! .....i said noway to that...and come to find out at the end of this seminar, after talking to the Dr. who was giving the seminar....DR. ORTIZ...was the Dr. who had done his Lap Band....Again...DR. ORTIZ name kept coming up time and time again...Well after trying to go the route of having insurance pay for it....I was getting really really upset and depressed about the whole darn thing....one day I decided to call Dr. Ortiz's office...I spoke with Carolyn...what an awesome awesome person...she was so informative, kind, and professional....she too talked of her OWN experience with the Lap Band (and some other things, all good!) and she made me feel so comfortable....I ACTUALLY CANT WAIT TO MEET HER!!!..anyhow...I contacted Carolyn in November of 05....in March she sent me an email telling me of the SPECIAL Dr. Ortiz was running of $8500....until the end of the month...well by the time I got my money all situated...it was mid April...And Well Here I am....June 9th Date...with Dr. Ortiz in TJ...and am so excited!!! The Lap Band Forum on Dr. Ortiz's website I read faithfully everyday to see if there is anything that I have missed....Alot of the people speak from the heart....the bad along with the good...mostly all good....i would have to say majority I have learned from this Forum....if their is ANY thing you want to know about....they are ALWAYS so eager to help you succeed in ANY way....I beleive that this forum is also going to be much of my success with my Lap Band....I hope that I havent rambled on too much...and I hope that I have helped you in some way....please let me know how things are going....Take Care and Stay Safe...Best Of Luck !! Cathy :))

I was banded April 17. Before I left Tj to go back home I was concerned because my stomach was swollen and distended. I could see it through my skin on my belly. It is still swollen a little. (It sticks out a little and is visible to the eye). Has anyone else had this problem? Dr. Ortiz had his nurse come look before I left town and he said it is normal. Anyone else have this problem? Is it normal?

Order Dr. Ortiz's book that is on his website. I ordered it last week and haven't received it yet. My friend says it is awesome. Anything and everything you want to know. I wish I had it for reference when I went to Tj and the few days following it. Order it now so you can h ave it with you.

I was banded April 17. Before I left Tj to go back home I was concerned because my stomach was swollen and distended. I could see it through my skin on my belly. It is still swollen a little. (It sticks out a little and is visible to the eye). Has anyone else had this problem? Dr. Ortiz had his nurse come look before I left town and he said it is normal. Anyone else have this problem? Is it normal?

Order Dr. Ortiz's book that is on his website. I ordered it last week and haven't received it yet. My friend says it is awesome. Anything and everything you want to know. I wish I had it for reference when I went to Tj and the few days following it. Order it now so you can h ave it with you.

Hey Kit;

Thanks so much for the info...I did exactly what u told me too..I ordered the book after I read your post...Thanks alot.....I will take it on my trip with me....Thanks Again....Cathy :))

Hi, my date is June 28th. Please keep us posted.=) Laura

:) ...Hello There....I am getting banded on June 9th, with Dr. Ortiz in TJ....does anyone else out there have this date scheduled? I AM SO SO SO EXCITED...I CANT WAIT!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO