April Surgery

I am currently scheduled for the Lap-Band on Aprill 11th. I think I will be going alone as my husband has a huge project going on for work. Is anyone from the Phoenix area making a trip at this time? I would love to meet up and possibly travel together.

Looking to the Future,

Lora :-h

Hey Lora!

I am also scheduled for April 11!! I am traveling from Idaho with my husband. How are thing going with you? I have been reading all the posts and I am REALLY nervous :unsure: .

What is your story? I am overweight by about 75 lbs and still don't know if this is going to be good for me. I am sure that if you don't find anyone to travel with my husband wouldn't mind helping out with your luggage, depending on how sore we are going to be. He might be carrying me. :lol: I will watch for another post!!

Glad to have found you!

Brook

How neat that ya'll are having surgery the same day. Good luck to both of you! :-h

Did you have all the pre op testing and when do you find out about the insurance coverage.

I am currently scheduled for the Lap-Band on Aprill 11th. I think I will be going alone as my husband has a huge project going on for work. Is anyone from the Phoenix area making a trip at this time? I would love to meet up and possibly travel together.

Looking to the Future,

I know!! I was so surprised when I read what date she was going in on. I am looking for friends for my myspace page if anyone has that. I am not telling my family except for my husband so it would be really nice to have someone to talk to! :rolleyes:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=297893007

Much peace!

Brook

How funny that you are from Idaho as that is where my husbands project is. I have about 120-150 to lose and have already started on the 5% pre diet to ensure all goes as planned. I cant wait to get healthy...I have really allowed myself to take the easy way out recently and now need help to gain control back for myself and my family.

Looking to the Future,

Hey Lora!

I am also scheduled for April 11!! I am traveling from Idaho with my husband. How are thing going with you? I have been reading all the posts and I am REALLY nervous :unsure: .

What is your story? I am overweight by about 75 lbs and still don't know if this is going to be good for me. I am sure that if you don't find anyone to travel with my husband wouldn't mind helping out with your luggage, depending on how sore we are going to be. He might be carrying me. :lol: I will watch for another post!!

Glad to have found you!

Brook

I'm going April 4th - anyone else going then? :rolleyes:

Hi There! I am flying in on the 4th of April and getting banded on the 7th.

Like most everyone else, I am extremely excited and nervous at the same time!

I will be flying in from Vermont. I am really worried about aftercare and fills. I am in the process of trying to line it up, not an easy task!

My regular Doctor was very receptive to it and offered any help he could. When I went to see him, I brought Dr. Ortiz's book for him to check out. He asked if he could pass it on to other patients. He better than most understands how out of control medical costs have gotten.

Thank you to everyone for all the great posts, I have been reading them for the last 6 weeks for information and inspiration!

Donna

Lora,

I have also started my diet. I,like you, are totally out of control on my eating. I just can't stop eating when I am full!! I am hoping that I don't have a problem after i get the band. Is there anyone else that can go with you? I was told that it is much easier to take someone with you to help with the luggage and stuff. How is the diet going so far? I have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks and need to lose 10. Anyways...

Have a great day!

God Bless,

Brook

Brook, I have no problem going alone and I travel light anyway. I do appreciate the concern and besides you will be there..lol ><' I started research about 6 months ago and finally made the decision this was right for me. I have lost 2 pounds since last Monday when I started the process and have a total of 14 to lose. I picked up the Chromium Picolante yesterday and will get the Metamucil capsules today to help me in the goal of losing what is required. I cant wait for April but I too am very nervous and anxious. I am so glad I found this site eveyone's comments both good and not so good have been so helpful and Lori is awesome. I cant wait to meet you and everyone else in April. Talk with you soon.

Looking to the Future :-h

Lora

Lora,

I have also started my diet. I,like you, are totally out of control on my eating. I just can't stop eating when I am full!! I am hoping that I don't have a problem after i get the band. Is there anyone else that can go with you? I was told that it is much easier to take someone with you to help with the luggage and stuff. How is the diet going so far? I have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks and need to lose 10. Anyways...

Have a great day!

God Bless,

Brook

I received a post yesterday in regards to the below comments that I made. I feel that some may have taken my words out of context and I want to clarify myself. In no means do I feel that the lapband is an easy way out, if it was I would not be doing the procedure. The statement I made in regards to being the easy way out was in reference to myself in the fact that I can hit a drive thru or go sit in a restaurant and cook for myself. If I offended anyone by my comments below that was not my intention and I am sorry.

Looking to the Future :-h

Lora

How funny that you are from Idaho as that is where my husbands project is. I have about 120-150 to lose and have already started on the 5% pre diet to ensure all goes as planned. I cant wait to get healthy...I have really allowed myself to take the easy way out recently and now need help to gain control back for myself and my family.

Looking to the Future,

Looking to the Future,

Hello Lora,

I am also getting my surgery done on the 11th and let me tell you I AM SO EXCITED!!! I have been talking with Brook over myspace so it looks like we are all gonna be together. As like you my boyfriend has important business stuff to do and he is not going to be able to be with me on my day. So i have a friend that i am gonna ask to go with me but if she cant then i will be going alone as well. I live in San Diego not far from the border so this will be not be a long trip for me.

=D> =D>

Looking forward to my new life

Tatts[/font]

Hi, this is my first post after reading the forum for quite a while.

I scheduled my surgery today. I arrive on April 3 and my surgery is scheduled for April 4. I'll return home on the 7th.

Tickets are booked. Surgery is scheduled. I'm not nervous yet! :P Just give me a week or two before the nervousness sets in.

Cannot wait to chat with you and the others arriving at or near the same time.

Dawn

I am getting banded April 3rd...anybody else being banded then? I am very excited but very nervous. Good luck to all of you April Bandsters, we can all get skinny together!

God Bless,

Jacklyn

I just wanted to say hello to all you April Bandsters! Mine is the end of March so I will be just ahead of ya'll. Good luck!

I think I will be having lap band surgery on April 10th. Lori and I have been emailing back and forth and I just got approval from my boss to take that time off. I'm waiting to hear back from Lori so I send my deposit. I'm very excited. Up to this point I feel like most of my life has been put on "hold" just waiting until I was thin to do things. I'm 47 now and looking forward to the new start to the rest of my life. :)

Hey Redhead!

That is so exciting for you! Looking forward to meeting you and getting skinny together! :)

Brook

Hi Brook,

I'm looking forward to meeting you too. I noticed you are hoping to lose about 75 lbs. That's about what I want to lose as well. I have been over-weight my whole life and have lost weight at times but gained it all back. Now I am 47 years old and find I just can't lose weight anymore. In fact, every time I diet I always gain back more than I lose (and usually in different areas of my body...lately around my waist). In the past 5 years my life has changed SO much. I am really looking forward to changing it even more with a new, slim figure to be proud of.

My boyfriend and I will be coming from Surrey, British Columbia. I am just waiting for Lori's email so I can book our flight.

Can't wait to meet you,

Denise