Saggy skin

Hello all~

It's me again. The wanna be bandster. I have a question. Do any of you have a lot of sagging skin? I know with many weight loss surgeries there is a lot of skin leftover. I'm hoping with being younger(meaning hopefully my skin still has some elasticity left), and going the band route(which is not huge amounts of weight falling off so fast) that my body can fix its own skin. Especially considering my insurance will not cover it. What have been your experiences? I'd appreciate the info.

Joni

• 1 month later...
Anyone?Anyone out there a long time bandster with any response?

I had my surgery in December of 2006 and it's the best thing I ever did for myself. I've lost 90 lbs but I'm 52 years old and have had a hysterectomy. My skin looks like a starving elephant! Everything sags but it's definitely worth it. I have 45 pounds to go and then it's nip/tuck time. Nivea Skin Firming Lotion helps a lot and my gynecologist increased my estrogen intake. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will have to have everything lifted and tucked. Dr. Ortiz has a surgeon that he recommeds and I can't wait! Have your surgery. It's totally worth it.

I am a (relatively) younger bandster (age 26) and so far I am down 39lbs in 3 months (21lbs pre-op and 18lbs post op) so far I have no sagging skin on my stomach and doubt I will need a TT just from the way my body is adjusting. I really think that everyone is different and it's a totally individual thing based on genetics and where you carry most of your weight as a heavy person, but honestly would you rather be thin and maybe a little saggy or stay heavy? For me it's not even a question!!

Do you have any stretch marks? If you do you will have saggy skin. If you don't have any stretch marks than more than likely your skin will go back to the way it was.

I DIDN'T HAVE ANY STRETCH MARK BUT I AM OLDER, 48

IT'S NOT THAT I HAD "SAGGY SKIN" IT WAS MORE LIKE THAT STUPID "POOCH" THAT WOULDN'T EVER GO WAY AFTER HAVING THE KIDS, UGH

I don't know if you should worry about it or not...I think it is probably genetically rooted in some way. The third time I lost 100 pounds, I had such an "apron" of skin that I had to get a tummy tuck for yeasty reasons... they took away 6.5 pounds of excess skin and I had a 38 inch incision. Oh, and I have no belly button now..lol..

Your skin sounds good if you don't have stretch marks...Good skin tone will tell.

I am a (relatively) younger bandster (age 26) and so far I am down 39lbs in 3 months (21lbs pre-op and 18lbs post op) so far I have no sagging skin on my stomach and doubt I will need a TT just from the way my body is adjusting. I really think that everyone is different and it's a totally individual thing based on genetics and where you carry most of your weight as a heavy person, but honestly would you rather be thin and maybe a little saggy or stay heavy? For me it's not even a question!!

What pre op diet did you choose that you lost so much weiht before being banded.Iwiil be banded May 2nd & I have not started my diet yet.

Prissy

What pre op diet did you choose that you lost so much weiht before being banded.Iwiil be banded May 2nd & I have not started my diet yet.

Prissy

I did the optifast shakes, either 5 shakes per day (at 160 cal each that is only 800 calories each day) or I would do 2 shakes a day with a lean cuisine. I started the pre op well before the 2 weeks required, so I had a 8 weeks total to lose the 21lbs!