Is this heartburn??

Hi All

I'm not sure if this is heartburn or I'm not healed inside enough.I was banded 10th feb and could start solid food on 3rd March. The first week was fine,but this week I feel awful.I usually have cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast, but 2 hrs later my stomach is gurgling and my chest is sore. I get temporary relief when I eat lunch (lean cuisine) but then it comes back again until I eat dinner and then again . Any ideas??

Nicolek

Hi All

I'm not sure if this is heartburn or I'm not healed inside enough.I was banded 10th feb and could start solid food on 3rd March. The first week was fine,but this week I feel awful.I usually have cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast, but 2 hrs later my stomach is gurgling and my chest is sore. I get temporary relief when I eat lunch (lean cuisine) but then it comes back again until I eat dinner and then again . Any ideas??

Nicolek

I have GERD which is a little different than simple heartburn. I don't get the burning sensation (I know, I am weird) what I get is a feeling of severe nausea, that is only relieved with eating. I have spent most of my life with nausea and I am hoping this surgery will help it. I can tell you, that this pre-op diet I am on is laready alleviating it somewhat. Not sure why but it is.

Hi Nicole--

Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so well after eating. I had an episode a few years back (way before being banded since I just got the lapband 1 1/2 weeks ago), that sounds alot like what you are experiiencing. I went to the doctor and she thought that I may be producing too much acid and so she put me on prescription strength Pepcid. That did the trick. Since then I have learned that a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (I know it sounds strange, but it really works) taken when I feel that same pain helps to alleviate that feeling. Just some info, for what it is worth to you. Good luck, girl. Diana

Hi All

I took tums etc to no avail. so today I returned to shakes and soups .I feel much better already. I must of irritated my band somehow. I'll do that for a few days and see what happens. 12 days until my first fill.

Thanks for the comments.

Nicolek