Post Op - my experience so far...

jetdeck

So today is post op day 13 and I feel great, probably the first day where I have had no residual pain (mainly port site), basically pain in general has been minimal. My port site has always felt like a big rock under my skin but today the swelling has really gone down. Also today is the first day that I haven't felt bloated.

The biggest mistake I have made so far is when I advanced to full liquids and got wayyyyyyy to many grams of sugar from slimfast and yogurt drinks. I stopped yogurt drinks and switched to EAS with 0 grams of sugar and lots of protein and all the gurgling in my gut stopped.

Post op day 11 I was literally so hungry I cried, my stomach was growling and I had this overwhelming need for texture and the desire to chew and was completely grossed out about liquids. I found that making shakes in the blender using EAS whey protein with a cup of slim milk and a few ice cubes makes a frothy shake that is very filling and extinguishes that starving feeling. Also Special K protein powder mix really helps kill hunger pains.

SJ

• 3 weeks later...
The biggest mistake I have made so far is when I advanced to full liquids and got wayyyyyyy to many grams of sugar from slimfast and yogurt drinks. I stopped yogurt drinks and switched to EAS with 0 grams of sugar and lots of protein and all the gurgling in my gut stopped.

SJ

Yes... I did the slimfast too and decided to switch to EAS (upon someone's recommendation here ..can't remember who but a big THANKS) and the grumbling of my tummy stopped. There are the little 3 oz., 35 cals.. I think it's Dannon yogurt drinks. They are pricey but I found it very convenient during the liquid stage..

Post op day 11 I was literally so hungry I cried, my stomach was growling and I had this overwhelming need for texture and the desire to chew and was completely grossed out about liquids. I found that making shakes in the blender using EAS whey protein with a cup of slim milk and a few ice cubes makes a frothy shake that is very filling and extinguishes that starving feeling. Also Special K protein powder mix really helps kill hunger pains.

SJ

I didn't cry either but was SO irritated... Now when you get to my stage about 5-6 weeks out post-op where you are in bandster chaos... 'cause you wanna be good and continue loosing weight but are fluctuating up and down the scale and can literally eat a COW again! ... my point is I am appreciating the liquid diet more and have actually gone back to the pre-op diet just so that I don't go back to my old eating habits... Look up MamaMichelle... she is doing great and is very methodical in her approach.. she has also posted pics of her before surgery and 1 month post op... you'll find this very encouraging! Maybe you've already seen it.

Hanna :)

I didn't cry either but was SO irritated... Now when you get to my stage about 5-6 weeks out post-op where you are in bandster chaos... 'cause you wanna be good and continue loosing weight but are fluctuating up and down the scale and can literally eat a COW again! ... my point is I am appreciating the liquid diet more and have actually gone back to the pre-op diet just so that I don't go back to my old eating habits... Look up MamaMichelle... she is doing great and is very methodical in her approach.. she has also posted pics of her before surgery and 1 month post op... you'll find this very encouraging! Maybe you've already seen it.

Hanna :)

I knew my ears were burning, lol. Thanks Hanna you are such a sweetie- I have been far from perfect especially this week I thought that I this would be the first week that I didn't lose any weight but I did end up dropping 1 little pound this week so yea for me... Only 1 more lb before I hit the 40lb mark!