Leaving for TJ Wednesday AM

Hi Arlene!

I haven't been yet so I have no clue, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck! =D>

Thanks Kimmie and Kari.......

So, I've packed Bouillion cubes, propel powder, gas-x strips, peppermint tea bags...and that's all I can think of.

So excited, but nervous too.

My poor little dogs see the suitcase and they are freaked...they always make me feel so guilty when I leave.

Arlene

These are some suggestions because when you're there, you won't be able to eat solids. Also, you want to be prepared if there are delays

Food & Misc:

Chicken, Beef, or Vegatable Bouillon (You may want to bring a covered mug so that you can make the broth. You can use the coffee maker to boil the water)

V-8 Juice (I bought the very small cans so that I could easily carry them in my bag)

Crystal Light or other sugar free drink (I suggest getting the single serving packs you can add to your bottled water)

Bottled Water (Bring 3-4 bottles)

Comfortable Clothes and Shoes

Magazines or Book

Medicine for Gas (You will have a lot of gas)

Liquid Tylenol for pain

Sorry the list was long, but I always come prepared for the worse. Good Luck.

Bev4Life

These are some suggestions because when you're there, you won't be able to eat solids. Also, you want to be prepared if there are delays

Food & Misc:

Chicken, Beef, or Vegatable Bouillon (You may want to bring a covered mug so that you can make the broth. You can use the coffee maker to boil the water)

V-8 Juice (I bought the very small cans so that I could easily carry them in my bag)

Crystal Light or other sugar free drink (I suggest getting the single serving packs you can add to your bottled water)

Bottled Water (Bring 3-4 bottles)

Comfortable Clothes and Shoes

Magazines or Book

Medicine for Gas (You will have a lot of gas)

Liquid Tylenol for pain

Sorry the list was long, but I always come prepared for the worse. Good Luck.

Bev4Life

Than you so much. Is V-8 thin enough for the first few days?

You can bring a lap top, I had no problem with wireless internet in my room. There is also a little office alcove in the lobby with computers and a printer. I printed my online flight check in the night before I left.

SJ

I just wonder if the laptop would be too heavy with your luggage too? I want to bring mine. What happens at TSA with a laptop?

Oh okay that's not too bad. Would a roll luggage, a laptop bag, and a carry on case be too much? I have no idea about flying!

When I went I took a suitcase that was carry on size with wheels... packed toiletries, pj's, sweats, slippers, books and laptop. And carried a small purse, that was it. If you have someone going with you who can haul your stuff then you don't have to pack so lightly. But there are several occasions before and after surgery that you will be carrying luggage yourself.

SJ

I ran into problems where there was no room in the overheads and I had to sit with all my stuff on my feet! I guess you could check your luggage or get a seat at the back end of the plane and then you load first and there will still be room. Just something to think about....

We(my sister and I) were banded March 10th and found we had everything we needed with us. We brought:

Crystal Light individuals

OXO in a bottle (use the coffee maker to heat water)

Light jello cups (like the pudding cups)-Yes, you can even carry-on the plane if in the 100ml size and in your ziploc baggie.

Gas X strips

The only thing we bought was some diet coke the afternoon before and a dinner at the Lucerna restaraunt that cost about 23$ for 2 people. The servings were large and we had decided afterwards that we could've shared one. we did use our credit cards for the restaraunt and got a good exchange rate.

We just asked the hotel cleaning lady every time we saw her in the hallway for more "awua pourfavor" and she gave us several more. They do have 3 bottles in the room when you arrive and refresh them daily.

There is a little corner store across the street (safe during the day to walk to). The lime popsicles are about 30 cents each and very good. I found cold things caused less gas pressure after the surgery. You can buy water there if you need, but we found we didn't drink as much the first few days due to gas and a bloating feeling some people get.

There is also a Starbucks next to the store for those that absolutely need their good caffeine.

As far as pain goes-the clinic does provide you with 4 sublingual tablets that you take evey 12 hrs, so it is usually sufficient for your stay there. I didn't need the liquid Tylenol until after being home a few days.

As far as money goes-we're Canadian so we withdrew 100$ USD at the San Diego airport then changed some to Pesos at the hotel for when we went to the market, but got lots of 1$ bills fom them for all the tipping. We also left a tip in the hotel room when we left, for the cleaning lady. The bellboys are very helpful and full of hints and information should you need whlle you're there. I spent about 100$ on silver jewellery, vanilla, and other stuff for my kids as souveniers, but you could easily spend more. There is an ATM at one end of Revolution Ave which is safe to use if you're with others and don't flash your cash after...

Good luck to all who are still planning. We have no regrets and felt prepared while there.

Oh okay that's not too bad. Would a roll luggage, a laptop bag, and a carry on case be too much? I have no idea about flying!

This is what I had... and a purse... my roll luggage, i checked in and carried laptop and carryon bag. My sister carried my laptop through any check points, but basically i only had to remove it and put it in it's own container. just a tip... when wearing jewelery back from TJ, make sure it is real... if it isn't it sets off the walk through scanner. The guy on the corner sold me a metal bracelet even though it is stamped with the famous 9.25 which is to signify silver... haha... good thing I bartered hard... B)